İnstaller crap

I

iphone

THis is the last time that i am gonna ask for help about this installer crap.
İ re-installed it several times and when open the installer it opens an empty page then returns back to home screen in 10 secs all the time. Any HELPFUL suggestions?

meiphones_brill

Silver
Nov 16, 2007
This doesn't happen on a clean install. Have you tried restoring the phone and re-installing the installer from scratch.

Maybe you are using a damaged, old or incorrect jailbreak?

cabin8crew

Nov 30, 2007
This doesn't happen on a clean install. Have you tried restoring the phone and re-installing the installer from scratch.

Maybe you are using a damaged, old or incorrect jailbreak?

Hey guys I have the same problem, and im afraid of restoring the phone, because i bought cracked one... by the way I read on the forums, that when some kind of wallpaper is diactivated it works fine... Please help me aswell

meiphones_brill

Silver
Nov 16, 2007
Hey guys I have the same problem, and im afraid of restoring the phone, because i bought cracked one... by the way I read on the forums, that when some kind of wallpaper is diactivated it works fine... Please help me aswell
Is this the 'Dim Wallpaper' option under Summerboard Prefs? It doesn't cause any problem on my 1.1.2 but there is some talk of it around the place somewhere.

Software problems are always cured by going back to known clean code. Restoring and upgrading may be scary but it's either that or nothing really.

Chris716

Nov 29, 2007
IL
i was having the same exact problem today and i had to do a restore and get a clean install had to re jailbreak but everything is working great now!

termleech

Zealot
Gold
Sep 7, 2007
McPherson, KS
It's one of two things.

1. Your permissions on Installer are messed up. Make sure the permission on Installer from within Installer.app are 755 (rwxr-xr-x).
2. The Dim wallpaper in summerboard.

I'd lean more towards #1 because the second one you can usually use the program for a minute or two before it crashes. I'd give the first one a look at.

I

iphone

It's one of two things.

1. Your permissions on Installer are messed up. Make sure the permission on Installer from within Installer.app are 755 (rwxr-xr-x).
2. The Dim wallpaper in summerboard.

I'd lean more towards #1 because the second one you can usually use the program for a minute or two before it crashes. I'd give the first one a look at.
Can you be more specific about the fırst one. What do ı have to do?

Hondamaker

Genius
Gold
May 14, 2007
Fairborn, Ohio
dude, buying a cracked iPhone is no big deal, just restore, re-jailbreak and re-add apps and you should be fine.

termleech

Zealot
Gold
Sep 7, 2007
McPherson, KS
Ok, since you have SSH installed here is what you need to do.

Make sure SSH is running on the iPhone.
Make sure the iPhone is connected to Wifi.
Find out the IP address of the iPhone.
Log in to the iPhone via SSH. If you are using Windows, download Putty, if you are using Mac OSX open up a terminal (SSH is built int). Use 'root' as the username and dottie as the password if you haven't changed it.
Once you have logged in do the following:
> cd /Applications/Installer.app
> chmod 755 Installer
Then log out. Try and see if Installer opens now. This should fix the permissions problem.

I

iphone

installer app

Ok, since you have SSH installed here is what you need to do.

Make sure SSH is running on the iPhone.
Make sure the iPhone is connected to Wifi.
Find out the IP address of the iPhone.
Log in to the iPhone via SSH. If you are using Windows, download Putty, if you are using Mac OSX open up a terminal (SSH is built int). Use 'root' as the username and dottie as the password if you haven't changed it.
Once you have logged in do the following:
> cd /Applications/Installer.app
> chmod 755 Installer
Then log out. Try and see if Installer opens now. This should fix the permissions problem.
Termleech i just realized that i am a dumb. İ have downloaded this putty file. Opened it tried to logged in with the user name and password you gave, it gives an error message:(
You also asked me that if i had the mobile finder as well. Can't we do with that?

I

iphone

Termleech if you are asking about the phone it is 1.0.2 unlocked. Also i am assuming that you are asking the SSH which is installed in the iPhone. İf so yeah that is running too. İ would love to upgrade it to 1.1.1 but i think i need the installer for that too:(