“Approval Request Sent” appears, disturbs me every 24 hours or so

Discussion in 'iOS 10' started by Rafagon, Oct 17, 2016.

1. Rafagon

Rafagon Genius
    Gold

I keep getting this pop-up every 18 to 24 hours or so. It’s BS, because I’ve continued to use iCloud on the iPhone despite simply dismissing the pop-up every time it appears.

I would approve it from one of my other devices using iCloud but there is no similar pop-up on my other device using iCloud for me to enter any code.

I’ve logged out of iCloud and back in on the phone in question, but the pop-up came back nonetheless.

Is this a bug? Will it ever stop?

IMG_3094.PNG

2. Napoleon PhoneApart

Senior Moderator

I got this every day for a few days as well until the corresponding approval dialog finally showed up on my 5s. All has been well since then.

3. RoofMonkey

RoofMonkey Genius
    Gold

Try either turning off Keychain or resetting it.

4. Rafagon

Rafagon Genius
    Gold

Great, I turned it off, back on, but it’s waiting for approval from my iMac… where Keychain is also pending approval.

Both devices are waiting for each other. It’s that two-step authentication crap at work, isn’t it?

I don’t know how it happened to get turned off on both devices. I’m assuming the update to iOS 10 turned it off on the iPhone, then subsequently, the update to macOS Sierra turned it off on the Mac.

If I reset Keychain, I assume I will lose all my passwords and have to enter them back in one by one, on every single site… I prefer to avoid that, so I will wait a couple more days and see if the approval dialog finally appears on either device, as Napoleon has suggested may happen.

Failing that, I’ll try to turn off Two-Step Authentication… if it lets me.

5. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

Apple is giving you little hints that you need to buy an iPad. :D

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List