1.0.2 to 1.1.3 feedback wanted

manishk123

Bronze
Nov 29, 2007
Hi,
Has anyone successfuly updated/restored from 1.0.2 directly to 1.1.3 and unlocked and jailbroken?

1. Is everything working fine?

2. What method did u use?

Feedback will be appreciated.

Thanks.

manishk

Jan 2, 2008
yes i did it, everything working fine, i was first on 1.0.2 then I did 1.1.1 then 1.1.2 back to 1.0.2 upgraded to 1.1.3 using iTunes 7.6 then used ziPhone to activate, and jailbreak. and to unlock I used anysim 1.3 i airplane mode and thats it.

Also there are many post regarding the same check them.

manishk123

Bronze
Nov 29, 2007
yes i did it, everything working fine, i was first on 1.0.2 then I did 1.1.1 then 1.1.2 back to 1.0.2 upgraded to 1.1.3 using iTunes 7.6 then used ziPhone to activate, and jailbreak. and to unlock I used anysim 1.3 i airplane mode and thats it.

Thanks buddy! Will give it a go now. I've read the posts and got ziPhone on my comp too, but was just waiting to here from someone who's already done it. :laugh2:

Bobby Digital

Bronze
Jul 15, 2007
Last edited by a moderator:

noreboy

Feb 14, 2008
hey bobby i watch the thread you posted, looks very easy, but do i have to "RESTORE" or "UPDATE" i'm on 1.0.2. oh and by the way can i do this with ziPhone, my iPhone is hardware unlocked. :(

thanks.

akophone

Bronze
Aug 1, 2007
Just upgraded to 1.1.3 from jailbroken 1.0.2 using ZiPhone under Leopard. I did the sync first, no restoring and then hyper spaced to 1.1.3. No problem here... so far! Everything seems to be faster... or is it my imagination....

Sep 9, 2007
I also went straight from 1.0.2 to 1.1.3 using iJailbreak. I did not however unlock the phone, just jailbroke.

The process was extremely easy, but the results need to be tweaked a bit still. My issues are still:
Customize doesn't work:

1. I changed all but my ipod icons (I have no clue why the ipod one wont change) using SSH, but the main thing is that I can't get 5 icons on the bottom row like I had before.

2. Youtube won't work.

3. Yahoomail gives me an error about my user/pass every time I try to connect.

Otherwise its been fine, NES works (after I put the games back on), the new features work, including the googlemaps finder thing.

I am still searching around about the issues above, but I think they will be worked out soon enough.

manishk123

Bronze
Nov 29, 2007
hey bobby i watch the thread you posted, looks very easy, but do i have to "RESTORE" or "UPDATE" i'm on 1.0.2. oh and by the way can i do this with ziPhone, my iPhone is hardware unlocked. :(

thanks.
If you are using an unlocked phone clicking on the the Update button will give a failed error as your phone has been modified. You need to go with the Restore option.

manishk123

Bronze
Nov 29, 2007

Hi,
There is a new version of ZiPhone (2.4) which claims to do everything with one click. Should I go ahead with that or should i select "don't unlocK" it will only activate and jailbreak. I can then use anysim..

What do u suggest?

noreboy

Feb 14, 2008
If you are using an unlocked phone clicking on the the Update button will give a failed error as your phone has been modified. You need to go with the Restore option.

ok so i do a restore to 1.1.3 then use ziPhone?, does it matter if my iPhone was hardware unlocked?. i have 1.0.2 and modem firmware 03.14.06_G

thanks guys.