1.1.1 and 3rd Party Apps?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.
Jun 28, 2007
I know this is a little early, but has anyone with the new 1.1.1 update try to intall and 3rd party apps yet? If so, do they still work?

greenjbhsd

Silver
Jul 13, 2007
Going to bump this.

My curiosity is with updating the phone while using 7.3.1 of iTunes and iPhoneringtonecreator. This is my situation and am curious to see if anyone else is in this boat.

awoodby

Sep 24, 2007
cover me i'm goin in......

I've got most hacks installed, minus unlocking and am just about down downloading the update...

wish me luck, i'll post one way or the other after reboot......

*crosses fingers*

--alex

ebrunn

Silver
Feb 6, 2007
Minneapolis
I have AppTap on my phoen and am about to update. Ill let you know what happens. Worst case you have to restore and have to install AppTap on it again.

diverdown

Contributor
Silver
Sep 12, 2007
NYC
I to am wondering if ringtones made with iPhone ringtonemaker will still work after this update...The program says you need to hit a button after each sync with iTunes to keep your ringtones.....

Anybody using this program perform the update yet?

Thanks
~S

awoodby

Sep 24, 2007
Warning

OK... finished download, started the 'updating iPhone'. Phone pops up the 'restore' triangle that says 'please connect to iTunes' and iTunes errors out 'unable to connect to iPhone'

more details to follow, to stat i did have iTunes switcher installed and was on my second computer/iTunes maybe that mattered?

--Alex

durkadurka

Bronze
Sep 26, 2007
With the changes Apple made to the recovery mode Apptapp and ibrikr currently do not work.

Hopefully it isn't hard to get around those changes.

So, if you want to keep your apps DON'T update until they release compatable versions of apptapp/ibrikr.

DMcGrew

Bronze
May 30, 2007
So the basic question is:

Does the update fail or not with AppTapp Installer installed on your phone?

I don't care if the update breaks it or not. I just want to make sure the update will install smoothly.

bigviking

Bronze
Jul 4, 2007
Update works fine, but all 3rd party apps are gone

So the basic question is:

Does the update fail or not with AppTapp Installer installed on your phone?

I don't care if the update breaks it or not. I just want to make sure the update will install smoothly.
My update went pefectly, but all third party apps (including the installer) are now gone.

t-mack

Jul 18, 2007
iPhoneringtonemaker not working (mostly)

Going to bump this.

My curiosity is with updating the phone while using 7.3.1 of iTunes and iPhoneringtonecreator. This is my situation and am curious to see if anyone else is in this boat.
My ringtones assigned to contacts still work. But NONE of my made tones show up in the list. The restore function in the software does not work. I guess we have to wait for an iPhoneringtonemaker update to restore full functionality.

hotskate

Bronze
Sep 21, 2007
:( dagger back to stock lol..... So hopefully the makers of installer and all will have a new version that works with the new update?

thats what we are all hoping for right?

sled14

Bronze
Jul 16, 2007
Fort Lauderdale
I updated, it erased all third party stuff, tried to install app tapp again then just went to the cable and iTunes connection icon, saying I have to restore it. So am not restoring it

coinstar99

Bronze
Sep 6, 2007
I haven't tried to do the update, and I am not going to till the Installer works. It would have been a more difficult descision if the update included something like mms or iChat, seeing as how it doesn't I can hold off. The iTunes store isn't a big deal.

I can't live without me apps!