1.1.1 Download plugin

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.
I

iphone

Hi all just wondering has anyone ever tried this app. As it says it allows Safari to download files. İf so which folder to download the files?

Griffinaz

Zealot
Gold
Oct 5, 2007
Phoenix, Arizona
Hi all just wondering has anyone ever tried this app. As it says it allows Safari to download files. İf so which folder to download the files?
It saves the files into /var/root/Downloads on the phone. You can then use other software to email it off the phone or use an ssh connection such as iPhonebrowser and pull the file off the phone.

termleech

Zealot
Gold
Sep 7, 2007
McPherson, KS
You can also view some of the downloaded files via MobileFinder and the rest of the MobileSuite (PDFViewer, Preview, etc). I'm using it right now and I love it.

scandalex

Silver
Sep 16, 2007
It saves the files into /var/root/Downloads on the phone. You can then use other software to email it off the phone or use an ssh connection such as iPhonebrowser and pull the file off the phone.
Can you tell me exactly what type of stuff it allows you to download?

enigmanic

Silver
Jun 27, 2007
Can you tell me exactly what type of stuff it allows you to download?
As of right now, you can download the following formats (you may have to edit your Info.plist to add some of these formats):
.avi
.mpg
.mp3
.mpeg
.swa
.rar
.zip
.pdf

I'm sure there are other formats I am forgetting. You can get the Safari Download Plugin several different ways, but the easiest is to add CopyCoder's installer source:
http://homepage.mac.com/hartsteins/copycoders/copycoders.xml

After you install the Safari Download Plugin, be sure to install CopyCoder's NetServices App, if you don't already have it. NetServices will allow you to turn on/off the Safari plugin on the fly, which is great for those times when you feel like streaming instead.

pn.md

Bronze
Jul 21, 2007
http://www.hackint0sh.org/forum/showthread.php?t=18060

Hachu has updated it.

"Update: Version 0.2 posted.
New to 0.2: Progress bar. Basic instructional text. Allow user to choose name to save as.
Features tried and failed: Percentage and KB/sec as text. I have the value as a variable, NSString simply fails to display it correctly on 1.0.2"

I've installed it but can't get it to work.
I'm on FW 1.0.2

Anyone get new version to work?