1.1.1 nearly unlocked by iPhone dev team

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Kelloggz

Sep 12, 2007
I just watched a doc on the hippie movement and how Mr Jobs was one of those hippies, I guess free Apps went out with free love hahaha.
I still love Apple.. I'm such a sheep. baaa baaa..

marauderrt10

Bronze
Jul 23, 2007
You hear that Mr. Jobs? It is the sound of inevitability...
lol im sure Mr Jobs is laughing right now. Apple is the one that has everyone by the nuts. They can easily make it so you couldnt accept different wireless frequencies other than ATT, my brother at U.S cellular says its a matter of time before they block tmobiles RF signal.

jptolife

Silver
Jul 15, 2007
New York City
lol im sure Mr Jobs is laughing right now. Apple is the one that has everyone by the nuts. They can easily make it so you couldnt accept different wireless frequencies other than ATT, my brother at U.S cellular says its a matter of time before they block tmobiles RF signal.
Seriously... I laugh at people who were whining and didn't know this was going to happen.

marauderrt10

Bronze
Jul 23, 2007
Seriously... I laugh at people who were whining and didn't know this was going to happen.
exactly, as am I, which is why i just forked over the money to cancel the tmobile contract and get an ATT contract so i don't have to deal with crap like this. They will eventually just block the RF signal and they are legally allowed to do that, and YES ITS POSSIBLE, my brothers been an RF engineer for 27 years, so YES he knows what hes talking about.

wildonrio

Gold
Jul 4, 2007
Provo, UT
exactly, as am I, which is why i just forked over the money to cancel the tmobile contract and get an ATT contract so i don't have to deal with crap like this. They will eventually just block the RF signal and they are legally allowed to do that, and YES ITS POSSIBLE, my brothers been an RF engineer for 27 years, so YES he knows what hes talking about.
They'll be sued out their ass if they do that. Unlocked phones are not illegal and you can't just screw someone's phone over by bricking it with T-Mobile without a warning (like they've done). I GUARANTEE they won't do this. Imagine the hostility towards Apple if they were to do that.

OJsakila

Jul 15, 2007
Jupiter's sulphur mines
They'll be sued out their ass if they do that. Unlocked phones are not illegal and you can't just screw someone's phone over by bricking it with T-Mobile without a warning (like they've done). I GUARANTEE they won't do this. Imagine the hostility towards Apple if they were to do that.
what do you mean you "GUARANTEE" they wont? How can you "GUARANTEE" anything? You know NO more than any of us. You are out of line. You couldnt GUARANTEE one single thing here.

marauderrt10

Bronze
Jul 23, 2007
what do you mean you "GUARANTEE" they wont? How can you "GUARANTEE" anything? You know NO more than any of us. You are out of line. You couldnt GUARANTEE one single thing here.
Exactly my point, it is Illegal to not let someone unlock a phone, but there is no law against blocking off an RF signal for an unlocked phone. That would be considered as making the phone without the RF signal in the first place, if it was illegal all cell phone companies would be GSM, and last time i checked, they arent.

ciaran00

Bronze
Jul 21, 2007
No, you see... I choose when I update my firmware. So that will never happen, unless Jobs himself comes to my house and hits the update button while I'm in the can.

I would say that I, too, am laughing at Jobs but it's simply not true. He is a billionaire. I am not.

Also, you have Stockholm Syndrome.

marauderrt10

Bronze
Jul 23, 2007
No, you see... I choose when I update my firmware. So that will never happen, unless Jobs himself comes to my house and hits the update button while I'm in the can.

I would say that I, too, am laughing at Jobs but it's simply not true. He is a billionaire. I am not.

Also, you have Stockholm Syndrome.
lol regardless of what you think he can easily make updates manditory regardless of if your the one who chooses to update the firmware. And no i don't have stockholm syndrome considering this isn't a hostage takeover

el31415

Bronze
Jul 15, 2007
What is the position of your brother at U.S. cellular to give you such stupid information
and totaly incorect
""" wireless frequencies other than ATT """ lol lol lol

No wonder we outsource all our forcework outside usa

wildonrio

Gold
Jul 4, 2007
Provo, UT
People can guarantee things in life. That's why the word exists. I stand my ground and guarantee Apple won't block the signal, even if it were possible.

Remember, Apple secretly wants the phone to be unlocked so that they can sell twice as many iPhones to T-Mobile folk, but they have to put on some soft of act to make AT&T happy.

marauderrt10

Bronze
Jul 23, 2007
What is the position of your brother at U.S. cellular to give you such stupid information
and totaly incorect
""" wireless frequencies other than ATT """ lol lol lol

No wonder we outsource all our forcework outside usa
you obviously have no ideal what your talking about. He is the one that is responsible for putting up multi MILLION dollar cell phone towers for all ov the upper east coast, so i will believe him over someone that knows nothing about RF signals. you have no idea that it is entirely possible to block off radio frequencies with ease, how the hell do you think a remote control car works, hrmm? If they were all the same frequencies then they would all be working at the same time. Also i KNOW what gsm is, they are a different frequency network than what other companies are so I KNOW what im talking about dumbass, so take your ****y ass and GTFO of the thread

scandalex

Silver
Sep 16, 2007
you obviously have no ideal what your talking about. He is the one that is responsible for putting up multi MILLION dollar cell phone towers for all ov the upper east coast, so i will believe him over someone that knows nothing about RF signals. you have no idea that it is entirely possible to block off radio frequencies with ease, how the hell do you think a remote control car works, hrmm? If they were all the same frequencies then they would all be working at the same time. Also i KNOW what gsm is, they are a different frequency network than what other companies are so I KNOW what im talking about dumbass, so take your ****y ass and GTFO of the thread
Riddle me this......Why are you arguing like this? I'm sure you believe you know what your talking about, but your going at it like you HAVE to prove something to the person who said you didn't know.

And do you really think he is going to GTFO of the thread.......because you say so? or do you guarantee it?

Relax.......sheesh