1.1.1 OR 1.1.2 Help!

Sep 14, 2007
I just got a replacement iPhone - Defective issue - My old phone had 1.1.2 on it and the "New" phone has 1.1.1. Which is the better version? I hope to add some third party Apps. I have been sitting on the fence waiting for things to calm down.

Any recommendations?

Sal

Sep 29, 2007
I just got a replacement iPhone - Defective issue - My old phone had 1.1.2 on it and the "New" phone has 1.1.1. Which is the better version? I hope to add some third party Apps. I have been sitting on the fence waiting for things to calm down.

Any recommendations?

Sal
If you are on 1.1.1 thats even easier! First go to www.jailbreakme.com to jailbreak your phone and download oktoprep while you are on version 1.1.1. It now says you are ready to upgrade and upgrade to 1.1.2.

Next download this
http://conceitedsoftware.com/iPhone/site/112jb.html

and unzip it. Inside their will be files depending if you are running a mac or a pc (Mac is .jar I know and PC is another one that isn't one of the readme files.) Wait a bit and your phone will restart throughout the process and then you will be on the better firmware 1.1.2(more stable) with 3rd party applications.

umakbill

Bronze
Aug 17, 2007
Provided I understood your question correctly, I believe you were asking for advice on 1.1.1 vs 1.1.2? If so (and if not please ignore me) I must, of course, say the answer is a matter of preference.

If you are content with 1.1.1 (which is what I use, only because I don't want to have to backup all my files on a friend's computer to upgrade to 1.1.2) I'd say stick with 1.1.1! Of course it is reported that 1.1.2 has faster CPU speed, better battery life, and is generally what people have begun to accept as standard firmware for the iPhone. It is also, dare I say, much easier to add custom ringtones to a 1.1.2 phone.

Of course if you do not find any of these facts at all relevant to your decision, I'd say to stick with what works for you.