1.1.1 Problem! Need Help

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

wu4ever91

Jun 27, 2007
I just upgraded my firmware to 1.1.1....i did the jailbreak through jailbreakme.com....but when I click on some aps after modding it, they will open to a blank screen and then go back to the locked screen....this is getting really annoying....everytime I click on an app it either decides to work very slowly or it just goes back to the main screen....does anybody know how to fix this?

enigmanic

Silver
Jun 27, 2007
If you have Summerboard installed, launch SMBPrefs and make sure that Dim Wallpaper is NOT checked. It has been known to cause a lot of crashes. Also, after you install certain apps on Installer, it's always good to do a hard reboot of your iPhone.

wu4ever91

Jun 27, 2007
another problem I have is that when I launch the send song app, I can never scroll to the bottom because it always crashes before I can get to the last songs...any fix for this?

siantslil23

Bronze
Aug 29, 2007
suggestion: i would using a different method other than jailbreakme.com or upgrade it to v1.1.2
i have v1.1.2, works fine for me...(Jailbroken)

Stevonw

Silver
Sep 14, 2007
UK
I just upgraded my firmware to 1.1.1....i did the jailbreak through jailbreakme.com....but when I click on some aps after modding it, they will open to a blank screen and then go back to the locked screen....this is getting really annoying....everytime I click on an app it either decides to work very slowly or it just goes back to the main screen....does anybody know how to fix this?
Some apps require the BSD Subsystem although do not tell you. Have you installed it yet?

Also, if you're SIM UNLOCKED then do not follow the advice above.

justjudy

Nov 25, 2007
Major Meltdown on 1.1.1

I accidentally upgraded my phone to 1.1.2, however I manage to downgrade it to 1.1.1 and jailbreak it. But now, I have no service and I can't get it to activate. Anyone have a few ideas?

enigmanic

Silver
Jun 27, 2007
another problem I have is that when I launch the send song app, I can never scroll to the bottom because it always crashes before I can get to the last songs...any fix for this?
Unfortunately, this is a known issue, especially if you have a lot of songs. Just exit the application and try again.

I accidentally upgraded my phone to 1.1.2, however I manage to downgrade it to 1.1.1 and jailbreak it. But now, I have no service and I can't get it to activate. Anyone have a few ideas?
You won't get cell service because the basebands are different. Provided that you're not unlocked, you have two options:

1. Install Oktoprep and upgrade back to 1.1.2, then jailbreak 1.1.2:
http://forums.everythingicafe.com/threads/jailbreak-software-for-1-1-2-released-by-dev-team.14862/

2. Stay at 1.1.1, but downgrade the baseband (instructions are for Windows)
http://forums.everythingicafe.com/t...-2-and-want-to-back-to-1-1-1-heres-how.15673/

(just skip the last part about unlocking if you just want to jailbreak but not unlock your phone)

Last edited by a moderator: