1.1.1 Question(and i know you all get many)

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

tomlasc

Sep 28, 2007
hey guys, i love my iPhone. allow me to start there.

i unlocked it. The reason i did this is because Cingular(ATT) is not offered in my area(my zipcode is 10940 for anyone that wants to check.)

If service was offered, i would have an iPhone without it being unlocked.

anyways, i had to clarify myself to avoid being ridiculed about the morals of unlocking phones.

anyways, i know the 1.1.1 update does not work(yes i do use the search function) but...can i still sync my phone with iTunes and add/delete music(as that is the only thing i do.) without having to update the firmware?

and does Apple typically require you to update the firmware?

thank you all so much,
and i'm sorry if this has been answered before, i found a couple of answers using the search function, but they were vague.

Thanks again,

Tom

Dragoro

Bronze
Sep 9, 2007

i unlocked it. The reason i did this is because Cingular(ATT) is not offered in my area(my zipcode is 10940 for anyone that wants to check.)

anyways, i had to clarify myself to avoid being ridiculed about the morals of unlocking phones.

anyways, i know the 1.1.1 update does not work(yes i do use the search function) but...can i still sync my phone with iTunes and add/delete music(as that is the only thing i do.) without having to update the firmware?

thank you all so much,
and i'm sorry if this has been answered before, i found a couple of answers using the search function, but they were vague.

Thanks again,

Tom

No, ya don't have to update your firmware. You can still sync.

tomlasc

Sep 28, 2007
No, ya don't have to update your firmware. You can still sync.
Thank you very much!

also,
does Apple force this update amongst you eventually? im sure you don't know the answer as you arent Mr. Jobs...but...your assumption is? (or anyones for that matter?)

kency79

Bronze
Sep 2, 2007
Hamilton,NJ
www.myspace.com

thank you all so much,

Thanks again,

Tom

Tom as the other reply said - you don't have to but it sucks that you won't be able to update in the future but then again iPhone for me is worth it even it was 1.0. Enjoy your iPhone just don't click the update:p

tomlasc

Sep 28, 2007
Tom as the other reply said - you don't have to but it sucks that you won't be able to update in the future but then again iPhone for me is worth it even it was 1.0. Enjoy your iPhone just don't click the update:p

as i see it? the phone is great as it is...i'm sure eventually they will release an update that would be fantastic and you will not be able to live without. but as for right now, i absolutely love it.

thanks again guys.

kency79

Bronze
Sep 2, 2007
Hamilton,NJ
www.myspace.com
as i see it? the phone is great as it is...i'm sure eventually they will release an update that would be fantastic and you will not be able to live without. but as for right now, i absolutely love it.

thanks again guys.
Actually you can update when they find another way to unlock it with the current iPhone update. Just continue to read blogs I am sure it will come in the next week or so.

Goodluck

K.

tomlasc

Sep 28, 2007
i understand completely.

and the sad part is...i really do feel guilty about owning an unlocked iPhone and constantly dread bricking it permanently because i love it.

i'm not concerned about the price of the plans like most. I just wish they offered the service around me. It works great with T-Mobile.

But for all of you that got the update, hopefully you enjoy your WiFi music store and your other tweaks. :)