1.1.1 speakerphone volume

firefighterjmar

Bronze
Jul 20, 2007
are everyone's speakerphone volume louder? i updated but volume is still the same (extremely low).

eric325

Bronze
Aug 7, 2007
yes, same. no freaking difference.

cherry ghost

Bronze
Aug 18, 2007
i feel like my speaker is louder on my ipod and alerts but on the phone its the same, low. i wish we had a more scientific way to see the effects before and after.

firefighterjmar

Bronze
Jul 20, 2007
i feel like my speaker is louder on my ipod and alerts but on the phone its the same, low. i wish we had a more scientific way to see the effects before and after.
thanks for the quick responses. i just wanted to make sure it wasn't just mine, since i had troubles updating (no my phone wasn't unlocked or modded).

Prelector

Bronze
Sep 6, 2007
My speakerphone/iPod speaker is definitely louder, by about 30% or so. Ringtones are the same though, and so is my earpiece.

While the speaker is louder however, it also sounds worse! ALOT of distortion at volumes over 50%.

deac

Bronze
Jun 29, 2007
While the speaker is louder however, it also sounds worse! ALOT of distortion at volumes over 50%.
>50%? :) I find that amusing since I have mine set at 100% since Day 1 and its barely satisfactory. In the car there's no need to even try. I see no difference with the upgrade with music nor ringtones.

OJsakila

Jul 15, 2007
Jupiter's sulphur mines
>50%? :) I find that amusing since I have mine set at 100% since Day 1 and its barely satisfactory. In the car there's no need to even try. I see no difference with the upgrade with music nor ringtones.
no kidding. The speaker phone is USELESS. It would be nice to use that feature, however, I refuse to screw over my 3rd party apps by updating just so I can use the speakerphone once a week or so...

iLLGT2

Bronze
Jul 26, 2007
NY/LI
I am starting to hate Apple.. After 2 hours of trying different things to get my UNMODDED iPhone updated and restored since the update went completely wrong for no reason, my speaker phone and call volume is absolutely the same and cool I have no ringtones.. Ridiculous!

mauimina

Oct 15, 2007
My speaker phone is so low no matter how much I restore it the volume doesn't change

are everyone's speakerphone volume louder? i updated but volume is still the same (extremely low).
'

My iPhone speaker phone is terrible, very little volume. I thought that 1.1.1upgrade was supposed to handle it, making it louder. Whats up with that>>>>>>>>