1.1.1 to jailbroken 1.1.3...

iGlorious

Sep 6, 2007
I tried several times to upgrade to 1.1.3 from 1.1.1 with MANY issues; ringtones, WiFi connectivity, email, constant crashing, etc. I tried several clean upgrades with the same issues each time. I read in another post (thanks Tinman) about the update only being stable from 1.1.2, but I can't find 1.1.2 (since I've already upgraded iTunes) to upgrade from 1.1.1. Any help?

patrickj

Genius
Gold
Sep 2, 2007
Austin, Tx
ipadinsight.com
Try this guide - you can skip to bottom of Page 3 if you're already at a jailbroken 1.1.1 - at the bottom of the page there are links for Windows and Mac guides for 1.1.2 update / jailbreak via OktoPrep etc., and a link for the 1.1.2 restore file - you can skip all the unlock stuff and whatever is not relevant to you of course ...

GP1138

Bronze
Sep 26, 2007
I did 1.1.1 to 1.1.3 and never had a major problem with crashing or email. Sounds to me like something went haywire on your phone. Did you make sure you had enough space free?

Lincoln

Gold
Aug 11, 2007
I posted a guide on downgrading 1.13, upgrading and oktoPreping 1.12, and jailbreaking 1.13.

- John

Last edited by a moderator:

patrickj

Genius
Gold
Sep 2, 2007
Austin, Tx
ipadinsight.com
I did 1.1.1 to 1.1.3 and never had a major problem with crashing or email. Sounds to me like something went haywire on your phone. Did you make sure you had enough space free?
I think quite a lot of people have had major issues with going from 1.1.1 to 1.1.3 - with ringtones being silent, iPod not fully functioning, mail password not sticking etc. - there's been quite a lot of talk on this in these forums and others - 1.1.2 to 1.1.3 is a much better bet ...

iGlorious

Sep 6, 2007
Free space wasn't the problem. I wiped the phone twice and ran the update with nothing but installer on it (no music, no videos, no apps but Installer).

Thanks for the info partickj; that's exactly what I was looking for. Tomorrow I'll upgrade to 1.1.2 then try the upgrade to 1.1.3 again.

patrickj

Genius
Gold
Sep 2, 2007
Austin, Tx
ipadinsight.com
Free space wasn't the problem. I wiped the phone twice and ran the update with nothing but installer on it (no music, no videos, no apps but Installer).

Thanks for the info partickj; that's exactly what I was looking for. Tomorrow I'll upgrade to 1.1.2 then try the upgrade to 1.1.3 again.
Cool - good luck ...

iGlorious

Sep 6, 2007
UPDATE - John's guide was awesome and worked flawlessly. Installer's working fine and all my apps are running with no trouble. I did have a problem with the voicemail, but I reset the password through AT&T's website and it started working immediately (it wasn't a password issue though; I know the vm psw). I'm having NONE of the problems I experienced before. I did have to install BossTool as I ran out of space to install apps.