1.1.1?

Aug 3, 2007
Okay, I don't update my iPhone often, and I just got 1.0.2 like a week ago, but now there's a new update. Now, you are probably wondering where this post is going, well, I have seen a lot of posts that say they are having lots of problems with 1.1.1 should I get it? or just stick with 1.0.2? What are the changes/difference's in each? and what is wrong with 1.1.1?

Thoughtful answers are greatly appreciated.
thanks

petalmom

Silver
Jun 30, 2007
If you are not unlocked and have no mods on your phone, the update will do no harm.

Aug 3, 2007
If you are not unlocked and have no mods on your phone, the update will do no harm.
what do you mean "if you are not unlocked" ? I've had my iPhone a week after it came out, I haven't modded it at all. Will it still hurt me?

petalmom

Silver
Jun 30, 2007
If you have not unlocked it to use with a carrier other than AT&T, you should be fine.

kr3st

Bronze
Jul 1, 2007
Winter Park / Orlando, FL
if its unmodded and still with AT&T and its LOCKED you are fine to update there are a few new additions to 1.1.1 like the wifi iTunes store and so on.

oab

Bronze
Jul 18, 2007
Okay, I don't update my iPhone often, and I just got 1.0.2 like a week ago, but now there's a new update. Now, you are probably wondering where this post is going, well, I have seen a lot of posts that say they are having lots of problems with 1.1.1 should I get it? or just stick with 1.0.2? What are the changes/difference's in each? and what is wrong with 1.1.1?

Thoughtful answers are greatly appreciated.
thanks
Just updated mine yesterday--no problems a lot of neat new features. However, I did have to update the iTunes program because the old version said there were no updates available.

Aug 3, 2007
if its unmodded and still with AT&T and its LOCKED you are fine to update there are a few new additions to 1.1.1 like the wifi iTunes store and so on.
What do you mean by "LOCKED"? does that mean it's not open? or working? or on? lol

mrarmbar22

Bronze
Aug 30, 2007
What do you mean by "LOCKED"? does that mean it's not open? or working? or on? lol

To explain this in the easiest terms…. If your service provider is AT&T then you are fine to update. You will not have any problems. :laugh2:

Redfor

Bronze
Jul 31, 2007
Fort Knox, KY area

IF you have not modded you phone what so ever ( third party software ) and you are using AT&T as your service provider on your iPhone you will be ok. So in other words if your iPhone is pretty much is "as is" out of the box ( other than any updates from Apple ) you will be ok. Hope that clarifys everything for you.

gijohn

Bronze
Jul 22, 2007
Folks have "unlocked" their phones so the iPhone can be used with a carrier (T-Mobile) other than AT&T.