1.1.2 Clipboard feature

Revin9k

Bronze
Jun 24, 2007
I accidentally touched something on my iPhone while browsing a website...and a clipboard came up asking me to copy a link...has this feature been there before 1.1.2?

i cant seem to duplicate this anymore!

doron

Zealot
Gold
Apr 17, 2007
tampa, FL
I accidentally touched something on my iPhone while browsing a website...and a clipboard came up asking me to copy a link...has this feature been there before 1.1.2?

interesting...how many pages (browsers) did you have open?

theotherallen

Bronze
Jun 16, 2007

probably not. what most likely happened was the "action" dialogue with the tag for the link. You touch and hold on any link in mobilesafari and this will happen.

Jul 23, 2007

Maybe you hit the volume button on accident?

or the web page had a "clipboard" picture?

Lincoln

Gold
Aug 11, 2007
I call BS until I see a screenshot.

eyephone

Jul 4, 2007

Don't do this to us.

Revin9k

Bronze
Jun 24, 2007
no its not the action button..

i know what i saw! i was too excited that i touched the screen and it disappeared.

now i cant figure out what the hell i did!

Revin9k

Bronze
Jun 24, 2007
im goin crazy trying to dulplicate it..

heres what happened

i went to the bathroom...was taking my pants off to sit down...i was holding the phone in a weird position...i sit down and look at the phone and see a box that says.."do you want to copy this link to the clipboard" or something along those lines...also, underneath the box was the keyboard...and then i touched something and it disappeared!

im frustrated cause im trying to get this crap to happen again and its not working

sorry for too much info on the story ahaha

iPhone8801

Bronze
Sep 22, 2007
im goin crazy trying to dulplicate it..

heres what happened

i went to the bathroom...was taking my pants off to sit down...i was holding the phone in a weird position...i sit down and look at the phone and see a box that says.."do you want to copy this link to the clipboard" or something along those lines...also, underneath the box was the keyboard...and then i touched something and it disappeared!

im frustrated cause im trying to get this crap to happen again and its not working

sorry for too much info on the story ahaha
The fact that you put "pants off...sit down...weird position...crap" all in the same post....paints a fantastic picture. lol

OH, and screenshots of the "clipboard" please.

Revin9k

Bronze
Jun 24, 2007
^ haha

im trying to get some damn screenshots if i can duplicate it

Revin9k

Bronze
Jun 24, 2007
^ ok im gonna try that.

if that doesn't work, im giving up...i spent 30 minutes doing all kinds of weird things trying to get it again..

im sure this will be revealed soon ..

whale_hunter

Bronze
Sep 11, 2007
Everyone claims that Apple is keeping too much control of the phone, and now I agree.
We have to sit in a weird position while taking a dump before we can copy/paste?

This is getting insane.

pramod91

Nov 9, 2007
got it to work

Hey it works, the only way to get it to work is to to pull your pants down (half way) sit in a weird position (legs apart 2 feet, crouched 75 degrees) then take a crap. Bang, the iPhone's shitometer kicks in and enables the clipboard feature.
It took me a couple of tries to figure it out, but man, the feature kicks ass!

Revin9k

Bronze
Jun 24, 2007
^ thanks! i knew someone would get it to work!

Revin9k

Bronze
Jun 24, 2007
i give up.

when the feature is finally revealed....don't forget my toilet story!

Jul 6, 2007
Marietta, GA
about.me
lol yeah when i was reading it i was like woooooww tmi lol. well, were you inputting txt in a bow such as a blog while the key board was up, and then try holding down one finger above the keyboard and tap with another finger (like a "right click" , and while hoplding your first finger down)?