1.1.2 firmware tomorrow (11/9). Includes "disk mode", voice memos

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Lincoln

Gold
Aug 11, 2007
So, on the hole, hacking is getting us what we want. With each successful jailbreak, Apple must introduce a new firmware. And to get people to update to that firmware, they have to put some goodies in it. Nice.

skiz420

Bronze
Jul 28, 2007
Boston
since they may add the disk mode then this could be the new door into the phone for jailbreaking... they may have just made it easier for everyone... could be a step to start testing out how the SDK is working since im sure they are beta testing it now

whale_hunter

Bronze
Sep 11, 2007
Someone on another forum said that he is downloading the new software right now... I say bs, but who knows.

I've tried a few times to update but nothing so far.

tdefriez

Bronze
Jul 2, 2007
Disc mode

Ability to iPhone as USB flash drive and some would say access its core file system (secondary).

It there already via 3rd party application (on Mac) called iPhoneDrive and its worked on every flavor of Apple SW so far without hijack etc. - even after upgrades. Does not allow access to system areas such as OS or iTunes library but it easily makes your iPhone a USB drive.

I see nothing other than pain in this release - most is there via 3rd parties....

Sorry in USA so multi langauge support not a key item (already have UK support in 1.1.1 - would have to learn another langauge to use more)

jaydoc1

Contributor
Silver
Sep 23, 2007
Chris has 1.1.2 up and running on his iPhone and no voice memos or disk mode to be found anywhere. Too bad, so sad.

scandalex

Silver
Sep 16, 2007
I'm sorry, but I don't jump and get excited every time engadget post something. I don't see anywhere in the provided link that disk mode or voice memos were actually confirmed.

Engadget, IMO- post a lot of speculation. Crap they have "heard" from somewhere or someone else.

Look how fast people started updating- and for what? Something that the update was never confirmed to have in the first place?