1.1.2 jailbreak not finishing?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

gcvt

Zealot
Gold
Jun 21, 2007
San Francisco
I'm on a MacBook Pro. I downgraded to 1.1.1, jailbroke my phone, installed OktoPrep, upgraded to 1.1.2, and ran jailbreak.jar. I selected to install SSH and clicked on "jailbreak".

It went through the "installing flash image" and all that stuff. Toward the end of the process, I get the image on the iPhone screen telling me to connect the phone to iTunes.The jailbreak progress bar is at the end but is still cascading and it says:

Jailbreaking...
Rebooting device...

...and that's as far as it goes.

What am I missing? Do I just need to wait for hours? Do I need to manually reboot my phone? Will it ever finish? Anyone else have this problem? Same thing happened to me yesterday. What to do?
:(

ravman

Zealot
Gold
Oct 4, 2007
Mean Streets of LA.
I don't know the Mac procedures. But did you also bring the baseband down to 1.1.1? Doing a simple restore in iTunes will not bring the baseband down.

I'm on a MacBook Pro. I downgraded to 1.1.1, jailbroke my phone, installed OktoPrep, upgraded to 1.1.2, and ran jailbreak.jar. I selected to install SSH and clicked on "jailbreak".

It went through the "installing flash image" and all that stuff. Toward the end of the process, I get the image on the iPhone screen telling me to connect the phone to iTunes.The jailbreak progress bar is at the end but is still cascading and it says:

Jailbreaking...
Rebooting device...

...and that's as far as it goes.

What am I missing? Do I just need to wait for hours? Do I need to manually reboot my phone? Will it ever finish? Anyone else have this problem? Same thing happened to me yesterday. What to do?
:(

gcvt

Zealot
Gold
Jun 21, 2007
San Francisco
I don't know the Mac procedures. But did you also bring the baseband down to 1.1.1? Doing a simple restore in iTunes will not bring the baseband down.
No, I didn't downgrade the baseband. Do I need to do that? Not sure I even know how. I didn't see any mention of that in the instructions posted here and on ModMyiPhone for downgrading to 1.1.1, installing OktoPrep, then upgrading and jailbreaking 1.1.2.

It's all so confusing :eek:

meiphones_brill

Silver
Nov 16, 2007
I used the same method one one today and the process finished sweetly after the "writing flash image" message - a dialogue popped up telling me the phone would reboot a couple of times - and after that it'd be finished.

It was

try again maybe - but it definitely doesn't take very long. Maybe disconnect and manually reboot JIC? all guesswork - it didn't do that for me. Sorry

gcvt

Zealot
Gold
Jun 21, 2007
San Francisco
Thanks for that link.

I downgraded to 1.1.1 again and downgraded the baseband too...everything is back to normal. Not sure how soon I'll try all that 1.1.2 jailbreak stuff again. Maybe tonight :)

Bill Gates

Bronze
Oct 24, 2007
Thanks for that link.

I downgraded to 1.1.1 again and downgraded the baseband too...everything is back to normal. Not sure how soon I'll try all that 1.1.2 jailbreak stuff again. Maybe tonight :)

they just need to hurry up with that one click jailbreak and activate. or Apple should just let everyone use the phone. i mean come on who does it hurt