1.1.2 link

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

beaken

Bronze
Jun 27, 2007
Thats what I thought to. But when I click restore it just says extracting file and never asks me about anything.

bfakhroo

Bronze
Oct 2, 2007
Thats what I thought to. But when I click restore it just says extracting file and never asks me about anything.
in iTunes press SHIFT + restore button you will get a fill browser and just choose the firmware file u downloaded

Hawk

Genius
Gold
Aug 2, 2007
ATL
Are you holding down the shift key when you left click (assuming you use windows) on the restore button? It should prompt you for where the ipsw file is.

bfakhroo

Bronze
Oct 2, 2007
This doesn't work for me it just restores back to factory...it doesn't ask me for a path!
you're the first one to hear from that (shift + restore button) doesn't do anything.. then maybe your iTunes have a problem. i hope someone will help you

psylichon

Genius
Oct 31, 2007
Philly
do a sync before you restore and it will backup everything to iTunes. It will be wiped for the firmware update, but you will be prompted to do a restore immediately after the upgrade.

Lincoln

Gold
Aug 11, 2007
When I do Option + Restore in iTunes, it does bring the file menu up. I browse to the file I downloaded, but I won't let me select the folder. It will let me select individual files in the folder, but I don't think those are what I want.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/leopictures/sets/72157603113221385/show/
As you can see, it will not let me select either the iPhone1,1_1 or the Firmware folder. But when I select that .dmg, the Open button can be clciked, but I don't think I want just that dmg.

Hawk

Genius
Gold
Aug 2, 2007
ATL
From what I have read in the posts on here, it is available through iTunes, if you are running the latest version of iTunes (7.5). It seems that most people that are looking for the update, have not updated iTunes, and thereforee do not see the latest firmware.
It is also entirely possible that since this version was already hacked the day before release, that Apple is not pushing it out till the can patch it.
I cannot confirm either myself, only go by what I have read here.
I personally downloaded it manually, and it installed easily with no problems.
The really nice thing is that if you have to restore, it saves EVERYTHING now. Your passwords for email, VPN and WiFi, your Notes(which has been happening sice at least 1.1.1) your Pics on the camera roll, etc. Plus, it syncs and restores a little faster now as well. it was restoring my music a little faster than a song a second.