1.1.2 OTB = Paperweight in Canada?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.
Dec 14, 2007
Hi there!
I recently won an auction on Ebay for an iPhone advertised as having firmware version 1.1.1. I received the phone yesterday and it is most certainly 1.1.2....

I'm new to the cellphone scene... I've turned a DS inside out and my PSP can bake cookies.... but I can't for the life of me figure out what to do wth this phone!?

It has not been activated. I understand theres no way to unlock it YET, but is there anything I can do to atleast use it's feautures as a video and mp3 player?

How much longer are we looking at here for a 1.1.2 unlock? days? months?

Any help would be MUCHO appreciated!

meiphones_brill

Silver
Nov 16, 2007
Until the unlock (or an official carrier) comes along, activate it and you've got a brilliant 8Gb iPod, web browser and email client - worth the money even without the phone.

I think an unlock will be along in January.

Dec 14, 2007
Until the unlock (or an official carrier) comes along, activate it and you've got a brilliant 8Gb iPod, web browser and email client - worth the money even without the phone.

I think an unlock will be along in January.
So wait... I can simply activate it?

Just hook it up to my PC's iTunes and activate it? will that hinder my unlocking it in the future? Does it mater what version of iTunes I activate it with?

Thanks for the help!

meiphones_brill

Silver
Nov 16, 2007

Chris716

Nov 29, 2007
IL
yeah follow that thread and you will be straight... if you ever need some help holla at me ill be around... also you could get turbo sim so you could use with with any gsm provider its expensive i hear and hard to get but hey it will work...

Dec 14, 2007
Hi again,
Sorry it took so long for me to reply, our computer has been in the shop. So I finnaly got a chance to try out the recommended link above and attempt to jailbreak this phone (which still has not been activated). I'm not getting very far though...

I download the 1.1.1. file, get it into recovery mode, select the file, it does the loading screen... but I keep getting error 1064 or something like that, not the 1015 or 16 like I should be getting.... Then if I try and move on anyway with the Apptapinstaller, it just brings up a loading screen and a doss screen and freezes up....

Can anyone help!?

slope

Bronze
Oct 21, 2007
Inside my Iphone
Hi there!
I recently won an auction on Ebay for an iPhone advertised as having firmware version 1.1.1. I received the phone yesterday and it is most certainly 1.1.2....

I would contact the seller and tell them they advertised it as V1.1.1 but sent you a V1.1.2. Insist on sending yours back and them send you one as advertised.

Dec 14, 2007
I believe it's to late for that now. I left the feedback and everythign earlier this month. It wasn't until I a couple weeks later I discovered the firmware version. I had a busy couple weeks and put the phone aside to work on later :( Think I'm stuck with it.

slope

Bronze
Oct 21, 2007
Inside my Iphone
Bummer mate, you will have to wait for the sim unlock like everyone else.
It will be worth the wait as my iPhone is class. What i did before i had it i don;t know lol