1.1.2 Sucks! Back to 1.1.1

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

faseone

Bronze
Oct 2, 2007
Man 1.1.2 is so buggy.. kicking me out of apps and such.. even kicks me outta iPod... reboot after reboot... I got fed up with it.... never had a problem with 1.1.1 so I just finished downgrading...
what a pain in the booty!

faseone

Bronze
Oct 2, 2007
really? I've gone up and down 4 times to try and fix the bugs in 1.1.2 and I still get kickedbout of everything. I just updated for the ringtone hack. I'd rather be at a stable 1.1.1 jailbroken cause I have NO problems at all. I been on it now since my orinal post and am writing this from my iPhone haven't been kicked out of anything. I'm glad for those that have no problems but I'm just gonna stay here.

MiataLord

Bronze
Oct 10, 2007
Orange County, CA
no problems here, 1.1.2 is running awesome, edge seems a lot faster, i think 1.1.1 sucks, i had quite a few problems with edge kicking off and apps doing the same, all good now :)

faseone

Bronze
Oct 2, 2007
no problems here, 1.1.2 is running awesome, edge seems a lot faster, i think 1.1.1 sucks, i had quite a few problems with edge kicking off and apps doing the same, all good now :)
LOL i did notice an increase and speed... I just don't get it? I would rather be at 1.1.2

Unless I start experiencing some major problems I'm just gonna stay here...
BTW I'm just venting cause I really wanna be at 1.1.2 LOL

enigmanic

Silver
Jun 27, 2007
faseone,
Do you have Summerboard installed? If so, make sure that the Dim option is unchecked in SMBPrefs. This has been known to cause a lot of crashes.

For me, 1.1.2 has been far more stable than 1.1.1. In fact, I don't think I've had a single crash on 1.1.2 yet.

NateEssex

Bronze
Jun 30, 2007
NJ
What advantage is there going from 1.1.1 to 1.1.2? Has anyone done DSLReports.com to test the EDGE speed difference?

Does 1.1.2 allow all the functionality with adding apps as 1.1.1?

Just curious...

faseone

Bronze
Oct 2, 2007
faseone,
Do you have Summerboard installed? If so, make sure that the Dim option is unchecked in SMBPrefs. This has been known to cause a lot of crashes.

For me, 1.1.2 has been far more stable than 1.1.1. In fact, I don't think I've had a single crash on 1.1.2 yet.
yes I do have summerboard and I've always had dim checked.
$&@" looks like I'll be testing of out again!
enigmatic to the rescue again.
I've been up and down so many times its becoming second nature.
I'll try tomorrow.
Thanks!

faseone

Bronze
Oct 2, 2007
I personally think 1.1.2 sucks and would like to go back to 1.1.1, is it possible?

cir_osis
yes it is possible but its rather lenghthy. I've done it today. I'm on my phone can't post the link but you can find it on modmyifone.com
just search for downgrade 1.1.2 to 1.1.1

cir_osis

Nov 16, 2007
faseone, I've seen your entries in other threads,is it possible to your knowledge to go to 1.1.1 jailbreak then go back to 1.1.2 on a g4 ppc?

cir_osis

psylichon

Genius
Oct 31, 2007
Philly
1.1.2 stable as a rock here (stock iPhone, installed before "official" iTunes release)

And I have to reiterate my Edge speed boost... it's remarkable. I'm the kinda guy that tests these things a lot, and I was averaging ~125k/s before, and now I'm getting at least 16o every time... usually over 170, as high as 190! Dunno if it's 1.1.2 or just a general service upgrade, but it's palpable and appreciated.

Tinman

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 16, 2007
Aridzona
1.1.2 runs great for me.

And I too have noticed a speed boost in Safari/Edge. Today I had lunch at a place with poor signal--Edge usually is very slow there. Well today I felt as of I was using WiFi. And I only had 0-1 bars of signal.

--
Mike

firewire

Silver
Nov 4, 2007
You guys are going to make me want to upgrade up from 1.1.1. The funny thing is I don't even have a jalibreaked 1.1.1! Only thing that I would enjoy is Labyrinth definitely, and NES if it didn't look so damned slow.

Now that some of you mention that EDGE is faster, which is a big deal to me, I'm wondering if I should jailbreak my 1.1.1, dl Oktoprep and THEN upgrade to 1.1.2, just so I can secure my option of jalibreaking my 1.1.2.

MiataLord

Bronze
Oct 10, 2007
Orange County, CA
You guys are going to make me want to upgrade up from 1.1.1. The funny thing is I don't even have a jalibreaked 1.1.1! Only thing that I would enjoy is Labyrinth definitely, and NES if it didn't look so damned slow.

Now that some of you mention that EDGE is faster, which is a big deal to me, I'm wondering if I should jailbreak my 1.1.1, dl Oktoprep and THEN upgrade to 1.1.2, just so I can secure my option of jalibreaking my 1.1.2.
i would, its worth it, plus the jailbreaking is so easy, its really hard to screw up:laugh2:

psylichon

Genius
Oct 31, 2007
Philly
lol, again tonight, I was doing edge speed tests and forgot to turn on wifi. Went out, smoked a cig, surfed here and some other forums on Edge... had no idea... thought I was on wifi the whole time. Regardless of what brought it about, this is the best upgrade I've gotten on the iPhone yet.

Not trying to rub it in for those that aren't getting the boost, I'm just amazed at the difference. I have to throw in the disclaimer that I have no idea if this is a 1.1.2 thing, a universal AT&T thing, or just a nice Philly thing :)

firewire

Silver
Nov 4, 2007
i would, its worth it, plus the jailbreaking is so easy, its really hard to screw up:laugh2:
I just may do that. If only there were more apps out there that were worth it to me it would make this jailbreaking decision much easier for me. The speed jump is a biggie though so that may just put me over the edge.