1.1.2 unlock

rhath127

Oct 30, 2007
hi guys, i just bought an iPhone from Apple. it has come with the 1.1.2 firmware. Can i use the downgrade method and downgrade modem firmware method to unlock this phone?

im not worried whether its the 1.1.1 software or 1.1.2 in the end. but i need to get this phone unlocked as i am in Australia.

r81gsr95

Aug 14, 2007
i would like to know aswell. I have a 1.1.2 phone and someone on craigslist is claiming they can unlock phones even if they have the 1.1.2 firmware.

rhath127

Oct 30, 2007
hi r81, from what ive read, new OOB 1.1.2 phones are unable to be unlocked. It can be jail breaked (activated) but not unlocked. Ummm i guess we will have to wait till the Dev Team creates an AnySim app to unlock the bootloader.

meiphones_brill

Silver
Nov 16, 2007
Or you can unlock the phone using a special sim card called "Turbo Sim".

This has been tested and verified on OOB 1.1.2 phones but I've not got my batch of turbo sim cards yet so I can't give any personal recommendation.

wildonrio

Gold
Jul 4, 2007
Provo, UT
hi guys, i just bought an iPhone from Apple. it has come with the 1.1.2 firmware. Can i use the downgrade method and downgrade modem firmware method to unlock this phone?

im not worried whether its the 1.1.1 software or 1.1.2 in the end. but i need to get this phone unlocked as i am in Australia.
Impossible currently.

narjohn

Dec 11, 2007
just want to knowif it is possible to unlock 1.1.2 as of now dec.24,07 ., because here in our country it is possible but cost a little expensive and just want to ask if der is a cheaper one

phillyphill39

Bronze
Dec 30, 2007
i jailbroke mine and i got mine on the 2th, not sure if its the samething or close to unlocking. but i think it can be done since jailbreaking requires you to downgrade your firmware.

GP1138

Bronze
Sep 26, 2007
Wrong:cool:
The UK or US 1.1.2 OOTB can be unlocked to any SIM in the world using;
http://www.stealthsim.com/product.htm

Actually, MacManPro is correct. What you are advertising is simply fooling the phone into thinking the correct SIM is in the phone.

A true unlock modifies code in the phone to make it possible to use any GSM carrier. Even IPSF and AnySIM aren't true unlocks, by strict definition.

ndwgolf

Bronze
Nov 8, 2007
Phuket Thailand
Why would it matter if you are tricking the phone into thinking you have the correct SIM or messing with the Code, the reason we are doing either of these is because if we want to use a 1.1.2 OOTH iPhone in Thailand we need to either do what I have done or wait until Apple upgrade to 1.1.3, and to be honest with you I am pissed off waiting, I have had this expensive ornament sitting around the house for long enough, I bought it to use as a phone and if it means having to spend another B3500 I am cool with that.

ndwgolf

Bronze
Nov 8, 2007
Phuket Thailand
OH I forgot to say that cutting the AIS SIM card isn't a problem either, just pop into one of those friendly beauty salons, have a manicure, hair cut or what ever takes your fancy and at the same time borrow a set of nail clippers and "Bobs your Uncle" one cut sim card

BTR

Bronze
Oct 2, 2007
My car taken with my iPhone camara; I will post a screen shot of an SMS whenever I get the Stealth SIM loaded

thats very interesting b/c the exif data says that pic was taken with a NIKON D70.

:cool:

Last edited by a moderator:

KNK

Jul 22, 2007
Stevenson Ranch
OH I forgot to say that cutting the AIS SIM card isn't a problem either, just pop into one of those friendly beauty salons, have a manicure, hair cut or what ever takes your fancy and at the same time borrow a set of nail clippers and "Bobs your Uncle" one cut sim card
Hey ndwgolf what is the maker of the rims and model number, I really like those.