1.1.2 Upgrade Problems

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

ravman

Zealot
Gold
Oct 4, 2007
Mean Streets of LA.
I just tried to upgrade the software on my iPhone fom 1.1.1 to 1.1.2. It upgraded fine but then went all weird on me. The phone is not unlocked, it is a regular phone. So I downloaded the 1.1.1 file and tried to restore back.

The restore starts and the software installs and verifys fine. But it's when it tries to install the firmware part, I get an error: "The iPhone "iPhone" could not be restored. An unknown error occurred (1015)".

The screen just shows the cable with the disc on the screen.

Anyone have any idea how I can fix this?

Thanks.

faseone

Bronze
Oct 2, 2007
I just tried to upgrade the software on my iPhone fom 1.1.1 to 1.1.2. It upgraded fine but then went all weird on me. The phone is not unlocked, it is a regular phone. So I downloaded the 1.1.1 file and tried to restore back.

The restore starts and the software installs and verifys fine. But it's when it tries to install the firmware part, I get an error: "The iPhone "iPhone" could not be restored. An unknown error occurred (1015)".

Thanks.
OK search but here... START FROM STEP 5
Originally Posted by enigmanic
Yes, if you're already on 1.1.2, the only current solution at the moment is to downgrade back to 1.1.1, install oktoprep and upgrade back to 1.1.2.

Here's my step-by-step guide to downgrading from 1.1.2 to 1.1.1 using Windows. Please note that this is just a temporary solution, so that you can install the Oktoprep app and upgrade back to 1.1.2. (Big thanks to faseone for confirming that it works!)

Before you begin, you'll need to download the following:
Firmware 1.1.1
http://appldnld.apple.com.edgesuite....a_Restore.ipsw

iBrickr
http://cre.ations.net/creation/ibrickr

Instructions for Windows

Step 1. Dock iPhone and plug into computer.

Step 2. Start up iTunes

Step 3. While holding down the shift key, hit restore. You'll get a prompt box. Choose the 1.1.1 firmware that you've just downloaded.

Step 4. Wait for the phone to downgrade. You will receive an error at the end and the phone will get stuck in restore mode. This is typical. Just exit iTunes.

Step 5. Start up iBrickr. Choose "Boot up Phone". This will kick your phone out of restore mode. After the process is finished, iTunes will start up again automatically.

Step 6. Restore your phone from a previous backup. After it's done, you won't be able to make any phone calls (since the baseband has been changed), but you will be able to use wifi. Using wifi, visit jailbreakme.com to jailbreak your phone.

Step 7. After you've jailbroken 1.1.1, follow the jailbreak guide in my first post to install oktoprep and upgrade to 1.1.2:
http://forums.everythingicafe.com...tml#post139662

Note: I'm sure the process is almost identical for a Mac Intel, except you hit option+restore in step 3, and would use Independence (instead of iBrickr) to break out of restore mode. Can someone confirm?

Last edited by a moderator:

iAttorney

Bronze
Sep 30, 2007
Houston, TX
Ravman-
if your phone is not unlocked, call Apple. It is so much easier to call up and make an apt. with the Genius bar and have them fix it, then running the risk of messing it up yourself.

Plus, the method quoted above calls for iBrikr or mac equivalent program. These are generally used for mod/unlocking. Why mess with it and run the risk of ruining it further? You paid for the activiation and the warratny that comes with it. When the product has messed up in a way that it shouldn't, take advantage of what most users here on EIC do not have.

My 2 cents.

iLLGT2

Bronze
Jul 26, 2007
NY/LI
Restart your computer or try to do it on another , happened to me when upgrading to 1.1.1 and was getting so frustrated... Restarted PC, did restore and voila :)

ravman

Zealot
Gold
Oct 4, 2007
Mean Streets of LA.
It's weird, I double click the Windows.bat file, a DOS window appears and then vanishes really quickly. Is this supposed to happen?

If I look in the bat file, I see the following line:

java -jar jailbreak.jar

I am thinking it cannot find the java file.

Restart your computer or try to do it on another , happened to me when upgrading to 1.1.1 and was getting so frustrated... Restarted PC, did restore and voila :)

enigmanic

Silver
Jun 27, 2007
It's weird, I double click the Windows.bat file, a DOS window appears and then vanishes really quickly. Is this supposed to happen?

If I look in the bat file, I see the following line:

java -jar jailbreak.jar

I am thinking it cannot find the java file.
Do you have java and Microsoft .NET Frameworks 3.0 installed? If not, I've posted links for them here:
http://forums.everythingicafe.com/threads/jailbreak-software-for-1-1-2-released-by-dev-team.14862/

Also, try restarting your computer.

anyone know what to do with MAC users?
hotskate,
What is your current situation now? Try to give as much detail as possible...ie, what firmware you're on, if you're jailbroken, unlocked, etc. I don't have a Mac, but I'll try my best to help. Or perhaps someone who does have a Mac can help you out.

hotskate

Bronze
Sep 21, 2007
Do you have java installed? If not, get it here:
http://www.java.com/en/download/index.jsp

Also, try restarting your computer.

hotskate,
What is your current situation now? Try to give as much detail as possible...ie, what firmware you're on, if you're jailbroken, unlocked, etc. I don't have a Mac, but I'll try my best to help. Or perhaps someone who does have a Mac can help you out.

THank you! okay my phone is in 1.1.1 but when i go to the iTunes it recognizes my phone butttt under the phone number its n/a

i don't have wifi or edge access on my phone :( i downgraded from 1.1.2 - 1.1.1

do you have AIM? might be easier please...

Im just trying to have 1.1.2 withhhh the installer.app

enigmanic

Silver
Jun 27, 2007
THank you! okay my phone is in 1.1.1 but when i go to the iTunes it recognizes my phone butttt under the phone number its n/a

i don't have wifi or edge access on my phone :( i downgraded from 1.1.2 - 1.1.1

do you have AIM? might be easier please...

Im just trying to have 1.1.2 withhhh the installer.app
Just sent you a PM.

BBGT2

Bronze
Sep 28, 2007
After upgrading to 1.1.2 I cant turn on my bluetooth, i select on but it keeps working and will not show anything.
I tried full restore and have powered it up at least 5 times, it is not a hacked unit.
Please help.

faseone

Bronze
Oct 2, 2007
is there a headset you are trying to connect to... just turning on the blutooth will not automatically make it connect to something.. you haveto put the other device into discovery mode

BBGT2

Bronze
Sep 28, 2007
is there a headset you are trying to connect to... just turning on the blutooth will not automatically make it connect to something.. you haveto put the other device into discovery mode
No it wont bring anything up, ie: paired devices, enable search mode etc.
Just seems like its trying to turn on the bluletooth menu but nothing happens, I noticed the bluetooth was checked as off after i upgraded the phone to the new software and went to settings to turn it on and nothing since then.

Thanks

faseone

Bronze
Oct 2, 2007
ok so when you turn it on you just get the spinning circle and thats it?
It doesn't expand to Devices and says searching Now Discoverable?

Nov 15, 2007
problems as well following upgrade

Thanks.
I attached my iPhone, the usual sync/backup messages appeared, and then the phone locked up (continuous wheel icon, iTunes unresponsive). I had to do the hard reset to the iPhone (which I discovered by pressing the home button and holding down the power on/off button). By around midnight, I finally have the phone restored, but music and video synching seems to lock up iTunes. These all seem related to the upgrade to the iPhone software that ran last night. HTH

ravman

Zealot
Gold
Oct 4, 2007
Mean Streets of LA.
Ok, I have managed to boot the phone back up using iBrickr and restored the firmware back to 1.1.1. I am now having problems jailbreaking the phone. I am not sure if the site is down, or if it is a baseband issue.

I have tried: jailbreakme.com and it seems to do nothing? Goes back to the slider bar and that is it.

I also tried the website: jailbreak.toc2rta.com and that also does nothing. No response from the site or anything.

Any suggestions?

faseone

Bronze
Oct 2, 2007
Ok, I have managed to boot the phone back up using iBrickr and restored the firmware back to 1.1.1. I am now having problems jailbreaking the phone. I am not sure if the site is down, or if it is a baseband issue.

I have tried: jailbreakme.com and it seems to do nothing? Goes back to the slider bar and that is it.

I also tried the website: jailbreak.toc2rta.com and that also does nothing. No response from the site or anything.

Any suggestions?
DO YOU HAVE A WIFI CONNECTION... IT MUST BE DONE THROUGH WIFI

EDIT: do not use any other site but jailbreakme.com

ravman

Zealot
Gold
Oct 4, 2007
Mean Streets of LA.
Yup, I am using WIFI. I eventually get a Safari message saying the server is not responding?

But even though the phone was upgraded to 1.1.2, then downgraded back to 1.1.1, I should still be able to Jailbreak it right?

Jailbreakme.com doesn't seem to do anything? Am I doing something wrong? I go to it, run the install (bottom of the site) and it does nothing? Just goes back to the slider screen.

DO YOU HAVE A WIFI CONNECTION... IT MUST BE DONE THROUGH WIFI