1.1.2: What The Heck Does It Do?

geordisjd

Zealot
Bronze
Jul 1, 2007
OK. I've updated. Everything is working fine. But what's new?
Can we start talking about the changes the upgrade brought, positive or negative? If there is a thread about this already, where is it? I searched but found nothing.

powersrus

Bronze
Jun 21, 2007
Battle Creek, MI.
Last edited by a moderator:
Sep 30, 2007
OK. I've updated. Everything is working fine. But what's new?
Can we start talking about the changes the upgrade brought, positive or negative? If there is a thread about this already, where is it? I searched but found nothing.
A "security update" to prevent people from using custom apps. but its already been jailbroke

Sep 29, 2007
A "security update" to prevent people from using custom apps. but its already been jailbroke
Thus making it only usefull for iPhone users in Europe who speak different langauges.

There are a few things I have heard of such as a battery image in iTunes, and something with custom ringtones? Not sure if its put your own on but there is a section in the ringtones called custom.

stevetim

Silver
Jul 20, 2007
Thus making it only usefull for iPhone users in Europe who speak different langauges.

There are a few things I have heard of such as a battery image in iTunes, and something with custom ringtones? Not sure if its put your own on but there is a section in the ringtones called custom.
The battery status indicator is indeed next to your phone's name now in the iTunes list.

I don't see anything to do with "custom" ringtones

Ahh, custom ringtones section is under Settings/Sounds/Ringtone.
It is at the top of the Ringtone page and a separate window from the other ringtones.

Lincoln

Gold
Aug 11, 2007
I was looking forward too voice memos and disk access. Screw the people that told us we would have them.

psylichon

Genius
Oct 31, 2007
Philly
As I've mentioned elsewhere, the improvements I can see are:

Little battery icon in iTunes (whoopie)
Faster sync (contacts and calendar at least are waaaay faster)
Louder speakerphone (for calls and voicemail)
Custom ringtones (yes, you can put your own on... rename <30-second *.m4a files to m4r, drag-n-drop to ringtones folder in iTunes)

The mere fact that Apple has "unblocked" this last feature from the previous version is, I think, a sign that they will be easing up on control of the iPhone, which I think we can all agree is a very important thing...

They're throwing us a bone here, and I'm not about to complain!

eric325

Bronze
Aug 7, 2007
i agree. the best part of the update is that we now can have our ringtone of our own choice instead of the dumb ringtone it came with. i hope this will last.

Jul 22, 2007
When I logged into my work email I had to use the shift key. After the 1.1.1. update the shift key would stay on and I would have to turn it off. After the 1.1.2. update the shift key goes off after one letter is typed.

I hope that made sense.

Jul 24, 2007
As I've mentioned elsewhere, the improvements I can see are:

Little battery icon in iTunes (whoopie)
Faster sync (contacts and calendar at least are waaaay faster)
Louder speakerphone (for calls and voicemail)
Custom ringtones (yes, you can put your own on... rename <30-second *.m4a files to m4r, drag-n-drop to ringtones folder in iTunes)

The mere fact that Apple has "unblocked" this last feature from the previous version is, I think, a sign that they will be easing up on control of the iPhone, which I think we can all agree is a very important thing...

They're throwing us a bone here, and I'm not about to complain!
Correct me if I'm wrong, but you no longer need to hack your iPhone in order to have custom ringtones?

If that is true - is there any programs out there which will help me convert it to 30 seconds and the proper iPhone ringtone format?

Griffinaz

Zealot
Gold
Oct 5, 2007
Phoenix, Arizona
When I logged into my work email I had to use the shift key. After the 1.1.1. update the shift key would stay on and I would have to turn it off. After the 1.1.2. update the shift key goes off after one letter is typed.

I hope that made sense.
You need to double click on the shift key now. It will turn blue and stay on.

Lincoln

Gold
Aug 11, 2007

I hope that made sense.
You can fix that in Settings.