1.1.2 Who has it now!

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

whale_hunter

Bronze
Sep 11, 2007
I am done with the udpates...

This is the last time I spend a week getting excited just to be totally let down.
I love my iPhone, but you cant help but feel a little bummed when you get next to nothing after waiting a month.

Chris Hyde

Bronze
Oct 27, 2007
I know the phone with 1.1.2 was released to the UK, but I am not sure when Apple plans on releasing it to the US. Remember, the only major change so far with .2 has been additional langauge support and a few other International features, which I will never use.

wrhutch

Bronze
Jul 9, 2007
Pottsboro Texas
I am done with the udpates...

This is the last time I spend a week getting excited just to be totally let down.
I love my iPhone, but you cant help but feel a little bummed when you get next to nothing after waiting a month.
Know how you feel and I've gotten to the point where I've lowered my expectations for Apple. I'm to the point where I'm looking forward to new non Apple brand phones.

Chris Hyde

Bronze
Oct 27, 2007
Most of you guys don't understand that ANY major corporation that releases such an electronic (with sporadic updates) will always drag the update process slowly along as to give users bits of improvement along the way and keep them hooked with promises. Trust me, it is good businesss practice. You are aware that Microsoft has a PERFECTLY bug free operating system, correct? If they released it all at once, there would be no point in ever upgrading, which results in millions, if not billions, each time.

fury

Evangelist
Gold
Oct 23, 2007
Louisville, KY
Just installed it today from the download link on engadget. Besides all the stuff they noticed, I noticed it hangs more easily now when going home from playing a video, and trying to get into something else. The icons will dim like they're opening, but nothing else happens. Now the icons that I pressed randomly while it was hung are stuck "dimmed".

I haven't noticed any tremendous increases in responsiveness or anything like that.

wrhutch

Bronze
Jul 9, 2007
Pottsboro Texas
Most of you guys don't understand that ANY major corporation that releases such an electronic (with sporadic updates) will always drag the update process slowly along as to give users bits of improvement along the way and keep them hooked with promises. Trust me, it is good businesss practice. You are aware that Microsoft has a PERFECTLY bug free operating system, correct? If they released it all at once, there would be no point in ever upgrading, which results in millions, if not billions, each time.
True but one of the best Maketing tools is happy Customers. I'm asked at least three times a day if I like my iPhone and do I recommend it. Of course I like it but I'm now telling people about the missing features instead of the features it has.

Chris Hyde

Bronze
Oct 27, 2007
I just spoke with Apple and they said the 1.1.2 release through iTunes will be available tonight as it is being released from Germany.