1.1.2 ......

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

romiy2k

Oct 18, 2007
hey everyone i got a very simple question, i have an iPhone its unlocked and i just successfuly upgraded to 1.1.1 now i wanted to upgrade to 1.1.2 but i was wondering will it brick my phone cause its unlocked and can i unlock it again if i brick it, if someone could help me that would be highly appreciated.

romiy2k

Oct 18, 2007

yeah i already updated to 1.1.1 and i unlocked it as well so no problem there but i really wanna stay up to date so i was wondering could you give me a solution on how i can use 1.1.2 and not bricking my phone

Sep 29, 2007
yeah i already updated to 1.1.1 and i unlocked it as well so no problem there but i really wanna stay up to date so i was wondering could you give me a solution on how i can use 1.1.2 and not bricking my phone
I just posted a thread which you can find and it tells you what to do in order to upgrade safely. This is not 100% sure but I will confirm when I upgrade to 1.1.2.

-Restore iPhone
-If you want to be safe, reinstall the firmware manually by click controle,update, and finding the firmware (1.1.1 preferably)
-Super safe is another restore
-Upgrade

All I did was one restore and I was fine with going with 3rd party applications on 1.0.2 to 1.1.1 but soon found out I didn't even need to restore as it did not brick your phone only removed it.

romiy2k

Oct 18, 2007
thanks...

thanks and this is will work on an unlocked phone right? because in your procedure it doesn't mention how to unlock it once i have upgraded to 1.1.2 because i am not with At&t so i need to know how to unlock it after as well.