1.1.3 and text problems

Trevowski

Bronze
Sep 24, 2007
Oklahoma
www.splatterpb.com
ever since ive updated to 1.1.3 my texts have been acting up

they arrange in a very odd order in my conversations, and they have also sent to the wrong person, while i was in a different convo.

for example

the odd arrange ment

John:hey
Me:hey
me:nothing about to head that way
John:whats up

it seems to do this a lot even after a restore

also ive im texting John, it will send the message to lets say sally, and john wont get the message

Bone

Zealot
Gold
Feb 11, 2008
this is a bug that bothers allot of 1.1.3 users. Especially if u text a great deal. We r hoping for a fix next week.

x666x

Bronze
Jan 24, 2008
this is a bug that bothers allot of 1.1.3 users. Especially if u text a great deal. We r hoping for a fix next week.
The fix was posted in a text file from Apple, lol. Just go to your General Settings and enable the phone to set it's time automatically, that should resolve the issue according to their statement.

Bone

Zealot
Gold
Feb 11, 2008
X666x saves the day! I hadn't heard about this one yet!

Buffy

Zealot
Gold
Jan 20, 2008
The fix was posted in a text file from Apple, lol. Just go to your General Settings and enable the phone to set it's time automatically, that should resolve the issue according to their statement.
I have my phone set this way and the texts still arrive out of order - as recently as last night.

Bone

Zealot
Gold
Feb 11, 2008
I am actually getting the same thing. The general settings fix didtn help me.

x666x

Bronze
Jan 24, 2008
I am actually getting the same thing. The general settings fix didtn help me.
Sorry it didn't help, but mine are coming in just fine.

This is the article in question that I was referring to in my original post:

http://docs.info.apple.com/article.html?artnum=307364

Issue or symptom
When sending or receiving text messages on the iPhone, the SMS messages may be displayed out of sequence.

Products affected
iPhone
Solution
This can occur if the iPhone is not displaying the same date and time setting as the carrier network time.

Make sure iPhone is setup to receive the network time. Choose General > Date & Time and turn Set Automatically to ON. (Note that in some locations, network time may not be available and in some cases, you may not see this option).

If the issue continues after turning this setting on, the issue may be occurring because messages are being sent in quick succession (more common if the messages consist of only a few short words).

This document will be updated as more information becomes available.

Keywords: ktech kiPhone

dturner

Zealot
Gold
Dec 15, 2007
Louisville, Ky.
I have my phone set this way and the texts still arrive out of order - as recently as last night.
This was a hopeful fix, but didn't work in all cases. Hopefully the next update will address this issue.:)