1.1.3--Anyone waiting to see what Apple does with SDK?

NateEssex

Bronze
Jun 30, 2007
NJ
I've read some posts warning against a JBed 1.1.3 regarding the probable inability to install official apps.

Is there validity to this? There seem to be a lot of hackers, so you may be "in the know".

There's also a lot of people complaining about problems with the 1.1.3 JB process. I would hate to permanently mess up my iPhone.

Thanks!

Sep 29, 2007
The reason Nate's Jailbreak was not supported by the Dev Team; one being said it could be done from 1.1.1 but two the SDK Installer that the Dev Team most likly thinks Apple would use did not work with Nates' JB. Contrary to that the Dev Team's JB does so thats why people are TRYING to JB 1.1.3 using Dev Team.

I emphasize trying because this is attempt #31 for me and as of now I am stuck on "Attempting to Reboot..." and its been 30 mins.

Lincoln

Gold
Aug 11, 2007
Nate's jailbreak breaks Nikita - which is used to load SDK applications onto the phone. As to whether or not the Dev Team's jailbreK does or not, I do not know.

I went to jailbroken 1.13 without trouble; but Zabumafu had to try 30 times. I eventually got tired of not having Customize and SummerBoard, so I'm back on jailbroken 1.12 at the moment.

- John

Sep 29, 2007
Nate's jailbreak breaks Nikita - which is used to load SDK applications onto the phone. As to whether or not the Dev Team's jailbreK does or not, I do not know.

I went to jailbroken 1.13 without trouble; but Zabumafu had to try 30 times. I eventually got tired of not having Customize and SummerBoard, so I'm back on jailbroken 1.12 at the moment.

- John
Yes its true and I will say 31 is a charm.
But I may be on 1.1.3 with installer app and iTunes recognizes it but I am still not able to download anything via installer and Google Maps locate does not work.

I tried to download boss tool to free up space but I get an execution error everytime.

davis5050

Bronze
Aug 18, 2007
Yes its true and I will say 31 is a charm.
But I may be on 1.1.3 with installer app and iTunes recognizes it but I am still not able to download anything via installer and Google Maps locate does not work.

I tried to download boss tool to free up space but I get an execution error everytime.
I just tried to run the official jailbreak for 1.1.3 from installer and my phone crashed after watching that wheel spin for 20mins or so. I had to do a recovery then a restore. I am pissed that I even tried it now. I lost everything. Is there a way to jailbreak 1.1.3 yet that is easy enough for the not so computer literate?