1.1.3 - funky WiFi

iammike

Sep 5, 2007
I've been waiting to see if I saw any other reports like this but alas, neither here nor at TUAW have I seen one mention of this problem with the upgrade.

Pretty simple, I upgraded to 1.1.3, restored my phone from backup and noticed I could no longer get my WiFi to work. If I look at the WiFi screen, it does list the routers in the area and shows that it has connected to my personal router but I still have the EDGE icon and EDGE speeds in Safari and Maps.

Figuring it might be because I restored from backup, I did a restore on the phone but told it to setup like a new iPhone. Synced my content over and then tested WiFi, same result as before.

WiFi was working fine until I updated to 1.1.3 and now, I have only seen the WiFi icon a couple of times and as soon as I went to do anything, it would go back to the EDGE icon.

Anyone else having similar problems?

KNK

Jul 22, 2007
Stevenson Ranch
I've been waiting to see if I saw any other reports like this but alas, neither here nor at TUAW have I seen one mention of this problem with the upgrade.

Pretty simple, I upgraded to 1.1.3, restored my phone from backup and noticed I could no longer get my WiFi to work. If I look at the WiFi screen, it does list the routers in the area and shows that it has connected to my personal router but I still have the EDGE icon and EDGE speeds in Safari and Maps.

Figuring it might be because I restored from backup, I did a restore on the phone but told it to setup like a new iPhone. Synced my content over and then tested WiFi, same result as before.

WiFi was working fine until I updated to 1.1.3 and now, I have only seen the WiFi icon a couple of times and as soon as I went to do anything, it would go back to the EDGE icon.

Anyone else having similar problems?
When you restore, your email password and wifi password settings are deleted. Go back into settings for the wifi, and click to "forget this" your original wifi settings. Then click to add a new network and put in your wifi name then the passphrase.