1.1.3: Here come my questions

guest0320

Silver
Nov 11, 2007
Good Day
This is Dana with his 1.1.3 JB iPhone.

I would like to publicly thank Sam for his assistance.
He went out of his way to help me, in a short amount of time, because I was on a bit of a time limit.

SO,

THANK YOU SAM!
You are truly the "Unlocker".

Luckily for me that when Customize 2.0 crashed my phone I was still able to synch my phone with iTunes and get all of my information backed up
WHEW!
I was also able to get into my phone through iPhoneBrowswer and a make lists of all the applications I had on my phone.

All in all, I guess I was pretty lucky.

I have noticed, not that EVERYONE hasn't already said this, that my phone seems to operate a lot more smoothly and the small additions are much appreciated.

My problem: Installer.
This is something I never thought about: I lost all the sources I had collected from the time I JB my phone (early December) until two days ago,

I had 69 (Beavis, he said 69--huhuhuhuh) third party apps on my phone (I am not sure if that was a lot) and I cannot locate about 2/3 of them and I cannot locate the SOURCES for them. I never really looked at my Installer sources, except to delete the foreign langauge ones and it took me at least 5 minutes on WiFi and sometimes 15 minutes on Edge to refresh, so I had a LOT of sources.

1-Can anyone direct me to the LISTS of sources that appeared in Installer so I can start collecting my apps again?

2-I used the app called Categories to create folders that allowed me to put large numbers of icons into one folder and clear my (Phone) desktop.
I have been wasting a lot of time downloading the Apple "apps/shortcuts for my phone and have 4 pages worth. When and if I find Categories, can I put the Apple apps in them? I hate a messy desktop.

3-If Customize 2.0 sucks so bad, how am I going to customize my phone?

Good Day
Thank you

Dana

guest0320

Silver
Nov 11, 2007
Happy Mother's Day to all Mothers
Good Day to others.

Please disregard Questions 1 and 2.
I found the information myself.

But Question 3 remains:
Where can I find the old Customize?
Can anyone SEND it to me and can I SSH it to my phone?

Thank you
Good Day

Dana

guest0320

Silver
Nov 11, 2007
Thanks for the link 24 trepid.
Good Day

I keep getting "Main Script Execution Failed"

Thanks

guest0320

Silver
Nov 11, 2007
More minor problems.

I am trying to reinstall Wikipedia through iPhoneBrowser.
The label at the bottom of the page says "Phone connected not Jailbroken".
Do I need to update iPhoneBrowser?

Good Day

Dana

S

Starry

Dana... I thought you got your phone all back together... :( I'm sorry you're still having troubles.. I sure hope someone can help here... I'd be lost without my phone when I broke mine from the back of the Uhaul I was LOST! so I feel for ya hun... :)

Good Luck!

guest0320

Silver
Nov 11, 2007
Now What's Wrong With My Phone?

I have the Silver Apple Screen again, and this time my iTunes does NOT recognize my phone.

WHAT THE F IS GOING ON!

S

Starry

I have the Silver Apple Screen again, and this time my iTunes does NOT recognize my phone.

WHAT THE F IS GOING ON!

Private Message TheManoftheDark.. I'm tellin ya he can fix ya up! He's freakin awesome honey and he might be awake still ... LOL

guest0320

Silver
Nov 11, 2007
I just restored.
I don't know what was wrong.

Thank you Starry
Happy Mother's Day

Good Day

Dana

guest0320

Silver
Nov 11, 2007
Okay this is getting on my nerves.

Now after a few installed apps from Installer (including Customize 1.4--I think)

I have lost the installer Icon and when I look into Customize, the Installer Icon has the ? in the gray box.
What is going on?

Good Day

Dana

P.S. Also, where is the You Tube icon, and why can't I make the icons in Customize disappear? When I activate the "Eye" icon, I turn the eyes on, close the eye for the apps I don't want to see, I close it , refresh and everything is still on the desktop.

Good Day

Dana

Lincoln

Gold
Aug 11, 2007
Do you have SSH installed, Dana? If so, SSH into your phone and find Installer.app, located in /Applications. Open the Installer.app folder and tell me what you find in there.

Hiding icons with Customize no longer works. You will need to download Poof from installer. It does the same thing. It may be possible that your YouTube icon is hidden. If so, Poof will show you so.

If you don't have SSH installed and need help setting it up, let me know.

- John

enigmanic

Silver
Jun 27, 2007
More minor problems.

I am trying to reinstall Wikipedia through iPhoneBrowser.
The label at the bottom of the page says "Phone connected not Jailbroken".
Do I need to update iPhoneBrowser?

Good Day

Dana
Dana,
I already sent you a message about this, but in case you check the forum first: To get iPhonebrowser (and ibrickr) to work, first add this to your installer source:

http://i.unlock.no

Then navigate to the "Unlocking Tools" and install "ZiPhone ibrickr Fix". That'll allow both iPhonebrowser and ibrickr to recognize your phone as jailbroken.

24trepid

Silver
Jan 13, 2008
Florida
I have switched to iDemocracy for my jailbreak. It works perfect. And iPhonebrowser works perfect with my phone. YouTube works. You don't need any patches or fixes. It's a one button jailbreak, just like ZiPhone.

http://drakenza.com/iDemocracy_3.html

It works on PC and Mac.

themanofthedark

Gold
Jan 5, 2008
Boston
bet you a quarter if I look into the code, I'll see 95% of the same stuff.

the huge source list you are looking for is in the All Sources list.

add the source ride4.org/shai.xml
then install the package All Sources.
get SSh installed, and

by the way, 1.21 SUCKS EPICALLY for 1.1.3.

use Customize 2.0 for 1.1.3,