1.1.3 Jailbreak released!

Hi-Phone

Jul 5, 2007
Man! im so gonna do this when i get home! Ill be the guinea pig on this one guys and let you know what happens!

iphoneluverr

Aug 28, 2007
if the 3rd party apps arent gonna work is there really a point, i mean how long will it take for ALL the apps to work on the new firmware

dazza

Sep 19, 2007
I just need to be sure that i remain unlocked afterwards, it seems anysim will work but can anyone confirm this yet?

S

Starry

I'm still waiting to hear from Tin, KNK or Chris on this... I'm to chicken till they say it's a go :)

patrickj

Genius
Gold
Sep 2, 2007
Austin, Tx
ipadinsight.com
Yeah, I was just thinking about clearing space.
Worthwhile then. Process did not succeed for me first time. Got all the way through iBrickr's portion of things, ran the 113 Soft Upgrade via Installer which is supposed to reboot with a lovely 113 jailbroken phone, but it rebooted in recovery mode and iBrickr fails to see it ...

Lincoln

Gold
Aug 11, 2007
Just got off the phone with one of my buddies that had a jailbroken 1.12 and he tried the process. He said it worked great, and all seems fine on 1.13.

Best of luck to the rest of you trying it.

- John

KNK

Jul 22, 2007
Stevenson Ranch
I am going to wait a day or so, to see how it all pans out. I can see problems with 3rd party apps def not going to work to with 1.1.3

If you are at 1.1.3 now, when you go down to 1.1.1 you will lose your contact and data because the backup files will not work with the other firmware, so you need to secure all that data on your hard drive. Don't worry about movies songs etc, those will back to the iPhone when you sync, just the data you lose.

I am at 1.1.3 so I wait. I bet TinMan waits to, why try to go there if it fails then it restores you and you lose everything to start over.:mad:

patrickj

Genius
Gold
Sep 2, 2007
Austin, Tx
ipadinsight.com
I am going to wait a day or so, to see how it all pans out. I can see problems with 3rd party apps def not going to work to with 1.1.3

If you are at 1.1.3 now, when you go down to 1.1.1 you will lose your contact and data because the backup files will not work with the other firmware, so you need to secure all that data on your hard drive. Don't worry about movies songs etc, those will back to the iPhone when you sync, just the data you lose.

I am at 1.1.3 so I wait. I bet TinMan waits to, why try to go there if it fails then it restores you and you lose everything to start over.:mad:
Yup, I just had to end up restoring to 113 once last part of process failed and left it in recovery mode. Not sure on trying again just yet, as that will now require downgrade as well ... thinking about it ...

KNK

Jul 22, 2007
Stevenson Ranch
Yup, I just had to end up restoring to 113 once last part of process failed and left it in recovery mode. Not sure on trying again just yet, as that will now require downgrade as well ... thinking about it ...
Just remember to save your contact data, don't rely on iTunes cause it won't.:eek:

Tinman

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 16, 2007
Aridzona
I'm thinking about it but am holding off due to reports like this:

"NateTrue has recently leaked a v1.1.3 Jailbreak without the Dev-Team's permission, getting himself kicked off the team. Against our wishes, he's included both files belonging to Apple and patches which contain copyrighted information by Apple, making his personal release illegal and unethical. This is directly contrary to the spirit of true hacking, honorable competition, and sharing of knowledge. He's a disgrace to developers everywhere. I'd like to strongly advise against using his system for upgrading, and make it known that the rest of the dev team does not support software piracy or copyright infringement. The method the Dev Team was/is planning on releasing allows you to perform the jailbreak without voilating federal law."

And this from TUAW:

"NerveGas asked me to mention that this release is not canon and distributed against his wishes and against the wishes of some of the dev/elite team. From what I understand, the dev team was behind this release until shortly before Nate took it live. NerveGas's copyright concerns divided the team, splitting opinions on whether it should go live just at the wire."

I still have faith in Nate though, so might just give it a try!

--
Mike

cubbie5150

Bronze
Dec 16, 2007
Man, what a mess! The in-fighting is intriguing as hell though, tbh! I just don't see the point of this "jailbreak" assuming it's true most third pty apps won't work. I personally don't care about the 1.1.3 features, so I'll be holding out until the Dev Team has an "official" release...assuming we'll be able to distinguish who the dev team actually is after the dust has settled

KNK

Jul 22, 2007
Stevenson Ranch
TinMan, from what I know you cannot jailbreak a 1.1.2 obt phone from 1.1.3

I know you have the week 26 phone so you can go back and forth from 1.1.3 to 1.1.1 but my fear is for those who are 1.1.2 OBT jailbroken now, if they try to go to 1.1.3 and it fails and you know that will happen to many, the phone restores to 1.1.3 and they will be stuck there.

Also backup your contact data (not in iTunes) because 1.1.3 data connot be used in other firmware. No problem with the music, media etc.