1.1.3 Jailbreak Upgrade

maalesh

Aug 28, 2007
I went ahead and tried this on my jailbroken (but locked) 1.1.2 phone, and it seems to work just fine. Instructions are here:

http://cre.ations.net/blog

Currently, it's for Windows only, and all you have to do is download the new ibrickr package from Nate's page and follow the instructions.

The only annoying thing so far is that the upgrade will remove any 3rd party apps you've already installed (even though Installer is showing them as already installed). You'll need to go through Installer to uninstall and reinstall each 3rd party app you want. That's not a big deal though, considering you'll have the latest and greatest of everything.

Thanks to the all the members of the dev team for getting this out so fast!

Boatski

Bronze
Sep 7, 2007
looool
i upgraded my phone when I got home - not thinking about it!
GG Damn I'm going to miss playing games at work :(

maalesh

Aug 28, 2007
Heads up: mobilescrobbler will not install on a jailbroken 1.1.3 - says it requires 1.1.2. Most other games and apps seem to run fine.

visubversa

Bronze
Jun 28, 2007
Has anyone successfully jailbroken with 1.1.3 yet?

iCreep.
it was fairly easy to jailbreak it, but i highly suggest uninstalling all 3rd party apps before upgrading! your going to have to reinstall everything anyways, but reason being that i (and have read that others also) cant uninstall summerboard, or dock. I get an error message "main script execution failed!"
now i have to go through the jailbreaking process from scratch back to 1.1.1 all over again. if you uninstall everything before hand, you shouldnt have any problems... oh yah, and i know im not the only one that used the audioamp app, i tried to install it, and its only for 1.1.2, and im sure there are other apps with the same problem. so......yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah

iCreep

Bronze
Nov 14, 2007
Well then I definatly will do that then haha. I thought once you were at 1.1.3 you couldn't downgrade?

iCreep.

Sep 29, 2007
It is not just for Windows.

Go to http://devices.natetrue.com/iPhone/jb113.dmg and download this and click Run_This. and follow the on screen instructions. I performed it great with a MBP running Leopard with a 1.1.2 iPhone.

After that you download this prep from installer and it took me 2-3 mins and then it restarted and I had a 1.1.3 jailbroke phone.

I RECOMMEND UNINSTALLING ALL APPS EXCEPT INSTALLER BEFORE UPGRADING AS YOU WON'T BE ABLE TO ACCESS THEM EVEN THOUGH THEY ARE THERE.

Last edited by a moderator:

james2475

Aug 18, 2007
It is not just for Windows.

Go to http://devices.natetrue.com/iPhone/jb113.dmg and download this and click Run_This. and follow the on screen instructions. I performed it great with a MBP running Leopard with a 1.1.2 iPhone.

After that you download this prep from installer and it took me 2-3 mins and then it restarted and I had a 1.1.3 jailbroke phone.

I RECOMMEND UNINSTALLING ALL APPS EXCEPT INSTALLER BEFORE UPGRADING AS YOU WON'T BE ABLE TO ACCESS THEM EVEN THOUGH THEY ARE THERE.
Done this but now Summerboard does not work!
and also Customize either

Last edited by a moderator:

acosmichippo

Genius
Platinum
Sep 10, 2007
DC
i think some things will just not work in the future. the way apps run in 113 has been greatly altered to accommodate the SDK.

i suspect summerboard and customize will update with new versions in the next few days.