1.1.3 Jailbreak?

Aug 28, 2007
when is this coming out, is there any site that has updates on how close they are to have a 1.1.3 prep? i remember that the 1.1.2 jb didn't take too long.. they did it before it was available in my iTunes, come on hackers!

if i didn't see the information on the installer homepage i would have been on 1.1.3 already..

mflantin

Bronze
Nov 29, 2007
Give it a week or so, they'll come out with it. I freaked out too, I didn't read the forums before updating, freakin lost everything. Didn't realize how boring the OTB iPhone really is after customizing the hell out of it... Can't wait for these hackers to come out with the Jailbreak for 1.1.3.

musicmanmu

Bronze
Aug 2, 2007
WV
I know what you mean. I was on the fence but decided to go ahead and update my jailbroken 1.1.1 phone. I kept reading about improved battery life and performance. So far, I haven't noticed either. And I too realized that an OTB phone just isn't as fun (or functional!) once you've "been to the dark side."

I doubt that it'll get jailbroken before the SDK release in Feb. After that, though - what's going to happen?

mflantin

Bronze
Nov 29, 2007
Has anyone tried downgrading it to 1.0.2? Modmyifone.com says it "supposedly" works, but kinda nervous to try it. I want to make sure I have all my contacts and everything backed up before I do.

Tinman

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 16, 2007
Aridzona
Has anyone tried downgrading it to 1.0.2? Modmyifone.com says it "supposedly" works, but kinda nervous to try it. I want to make sure I have all my contacts and everything backed up before I do.
It does NOT work--at least not the phone/EDGE part.

Speaking of MMi, good Lord that site is slow. It's always a bit slow, and sometimes frustrating, but it's been ridiculous the last few days. This site seems to have at least double the traffic and it's not slowed down at all.

--
Mike

firewire

Silver
Nov 4, 2007
It does NOT work--at least not the phone/EDGE part.

Speaking of MMi, good Lord that site is slow. It's always a bit slow, and sometimes frustrating, but it's been ridiculous the last few days. This site seems to have at least double the traffic and it's not slowed down at all.

--
Mike
yes MMi has always been sluggish. So much so that I would click a link on MMi and then surf another page while it loads that link.

As for the thread starter's question on a status on jailbreaking: I know MMi has a 1.1.3 status link you can check to see what progress has been made on jailbreaking/unlocking 1.1.3. It's a red link near the top of the page.

Tinman

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 16, 2007
Aridzona
yes MMi has always been sluggish. So much so that I would click a link on MMi and then surf another page while it loads that link.

As for the thread starter's question on a status on jailbreaking: I know MMi has a 1.1.3 status link you can check to see what progress has been made on jailbreaking/unlocking 1.1.3. It's a red link near the top of the page.
Rest assured, when 1.1.3 is jailbroken it will be news everywhere! ;)

Here's a status page (loads fast!):
http://docs.google.com/View?docid=dgzw9xs_0gfhxns&pli=1

--
Mike