1.1.3 release?

a noobstar

Bronze
Dec 30, 2007
so iTunes says comeback and check for an update on 1/1/2008, i don't think they would release new years day, but maybe? i heard on some other sites sometime next week, anybody got any better ideas?

KNK

Jul 22, 2007
Stevenson Ranch
so iTunes says comeback and check for an update on 1/1/2008, i don't think they would release new years day, but maybe? i heard on some other sites sometime next week, anybody got any better ideas?
The iTunes does not mean there will be an update on that date it just means it will check again then. Then it will say 1/8/2008. Mine always checks on Wednesday.

Hondamaker

Genius
Gold
May 14, 2007
Fairborn, Ohio
True, iTunes checks for an update every week or so, so when you check for an update, it will check in a week for an update again. Do I have that right, KNK?

todesto

Bronze
Sep 30, 2007
To me, I just don't get why people are waiting for updates so much, when there are so many great third party apps and resources available. Apple doesn't even look like they are releasing the updates without essential updates like copy and paste.

It is cool to have a feature like what is mentioned in 1.1.3 like google maps features, but I really have to think three times+ before upgrading when there is new updates available. If you don't hack your phone, you are not concerned, but if hacked like I did to mine, I am.

The words are now saying you can't even downgrade once you go to 1.1.3. Apple is just keep releasing updates with minor features so that they can block hacking so that they can sell the apps for a fee eventually. :oops:

It is just my two cents.

Just open it up APPLE.

theotherallen

Bronze
Jun 16, 2007
The words are now saying you can't even downgrade once you go to 1.1.3. Apple is just keep releasing updates with minor features so that they can block hacking so that they can sell the apps for a fee eventually. :oops:
geezus christ people. Apple has said that there will be an SDK for the iPhone.

Was the distribution of applications EVER discussed? Has a pricing model (if any) EVER been discussed? ***** about it when we've got info from Apple.

iCafe

Dec 11, 2007
www.wwtdd.com
geezus christ people. Apple has said that there will be an SDK for the iPhone.

Was the distribution of applications EVER discussed? Has a pricing model (if any) EVER been discussed? ***** about it when we've got info from Apple.
hello sir
Please refrain from communicating like an unintelligent individual & check out the tos
good day biatcccch

ColsTiger

Zealot
Gold
Mar 8, 2007
Columbus, GA
To me, I just don't get why people are waiting for updates so much, when there are so many great third party apps and resources available. Apple doesn't even look like they are releasing the updates without essential updates like copy and paste.

It is cool to have a feature like what is mentioned in 1.1.3 like google maps features, but I really have to think three times+ before upgrading when there is new updates available. If you don't hack your phone, you are not concerned, but if hacked like I did to mine, I am.

It is just my two cents.

Just open it up APPLE.
To me, updates are like getting another Christmas present; I can't wait to see what Apple has wrapped up as a surprise. :laugh2:

Tinman

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 16, 2007
Aridzona
To me, updates are like getting another Christmas present; I can't wait to see what Apple has wrapped up as a surprise. :laugh2:
And to me updates are like Chinese Water Torture: drip... drip.... .....drip. ;)

I'd love to go back and read the threads here from the summer where some people insisted the updates would be awesome. "Just wait till fall when Leopard is released!" Ahem.

--
Mike

Ramesh

Zealot
Gold
Jul 12, 2007
Irvine, Ca.
And to me updates are like Chinese Water Torture: drip... drip.... .....drip. ;)

I'd love to go back and read the threads here from the summer where some people insisted the updates would be awesome. "Just wait till fall when Leopard is released!" Ahem.

--
Mike
Still waiting on that Leopard update that will allow my phone to do ALL sorts of things. :p

ColsTiger

Zealot
Gold
Mar 8, 2007
Columbus, GA

--
Mike
Well, I think 1.1.1 did hit about the first of October. I've got to admit that I really do enjoy the wireless iTunes store.

Tinman

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 16, 2007
Aridzona
Well, I think 1.1.1 did hit about the first of October. I've got to admit that I really do enjoy the wireless iTunes store.
Too late for me. By the time the wireless iTunes store came out Amazon had already introduced a completely DRM free MP3 music store--and cheaper than iTunes to boot.

While iTunes somewhat reacted by offering iTunes Plus songs for the same price, the two songs I tried buying--mainly as a test--from my iPhone were indeed DRM'd. iTunes insisted I had to pay the upgrade fee to get them without it, even though I could have had them without DRM from the get-go had I not used the iPhone.

That was the first and last time I've used the wireless iTunes store. Since then I've probably spent about $60 at Amazon's music store. Apple and I never quite see eye-to-eye...

BTW: 1.1.1 was released on 9/27/07--a day I remember well. :)

--
Mike

Ramesh

Zealot
Gold
Jul 12, 2007
Irvine, Ca.
I've used it too, and it's pretty cool. Not to start an "I wish thread", but I DO wish that it would put my purchased on iPhone songs into my regular purchased on iTunes....

Lincoln

Gold
Aug 11, 2007
Wow, this has gone as far as Leopard flaming? I think it's about time we let these threads go..

Other than Notes Syncing, Apple never promised anything with iphone-Leopard integration. I'm running Leopard now, and I love it. Using Tiger is like torture.

I really enjoy the iTunes Wi-Fi store. I buy almost all of my music off of it, and I don't give a crap about DRM; I put my music on my iPhone, and that's it. I don't need to distribute it.

- John

Ramesh

Zealot
Gold
Jul 12, 2007
Irvine, Ca.
Wow, this has gone as far as Leopard flaming? I think it's about time we let these threads go..

Other than Notes Syncing, Apple never promised anything with iphone-Leopard integration. I'm running Leopard now, and I love it. Using Tiger is like torture.

I really enjoy the iTunes Wi-Fi store. I buy almost all of my music off of it, and I don't give a crap about DRM; I put my music on my iPhone, and that's it. I don't need to distribute it.

- John
To John - I wasn't flaming anything. I found it humurous that all the rumors of a major update w/Leopard fell through.

To Brill - No, it created a separted "Purchased on iPhone" list, right under the regular "Purchased" list.

Back on topic -

This video was release from Gear Live. The more and more I see, the more I am starting to be convinced that this is legit. But I'll be a doubter until it's on my phone. :D

http://www.appleinsider.com/article...bcast_jan_22nd_more_on_iphone_1_1_3_leak.html

Tinman

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 16, 2007
Aridzona

And where exactly is Notes syncing? Bet you'll never bring that up again. ;)

Oh ye, the comments made in this thread were about what people here wrote, not Apple. And, trust me, it was said quite often during the summer. It only died down after it became apparent updates were not really going to contain much at all--certainly not during 2007.

--
Mike