1.1.3. SMS Help Needed!

moze

Bronze
Nov 9, 2007
I need help badly. I just updated to 1.1.3. via the leaked Nate True jailbreak method, and now i cant seem to be able to receive sms! I saw a post about this on MMI but i cant find now, and sorry if someone already posted this on here but i cant seem to find anything about it. Any help would be really appreciated! Thanks in advance

Lincoln

Gold
Aug 11, 2007
I haven't seen anything about, but I know that going to 1.13 from 1.11 causes various issues. Do you go to 1.13 from 1.11 or 1.12? 1.12 doesn't cause all of those issues.

- John

moze

Bronze
Nov 9, 2007
I haven't seen anything about, but I know that going to 1.13 from 1.11 causes various issues. Do you go to 1.13 from 1.11 or 1.12? 1.12 doesn't cause all of those issues.

- John

From 1.1.2. ..which was updated from 1.1.1 which also was updated from 1.0.2...i read about the same problem on MMI, im from Canada and so is the other guy, he said he cant receive sms out of his network :S

moze

Bronze
Nov 9, 2007
well it looks like theres a fix for this...you gotta change the network settings from automatic to your actual carrier and then reboot...tried it and wont work..i did notice however that when i chose my carrier get out of the network screen and come back...its not ticked anymore..well nothing is not even automatic...any ideas?

bosco0633

Jan 27, 2008
it was me that you are referring to. I could not receive test messages from people that were outside of my network. i am with rogers and couldnt receive from people from bell.

I am fixed and have fixed it 3 times now, due to downgrades and upgradeing again.

Here is what I did. Once you update 1.1.3, it will work for both Nates and team bevs 1.1.3.

Go into settings, where you see carrier select it. It will take a bit to get it loaded but you will see automatic and your actual carrier. You will also notice that automatic is selected. select your carrier so you see the check mark on it. then press the home button to exit out. now call your cell phone from home and leave a message. you will get a text notification.

or call some friends and ask them to text you. If they are on different networks that will be good.