1.1.3 to 2.0? Please help

Sep 5, 2008
hi, i haven't really got much into upgrading my iPhone and moding it.. But now I am, I was wondering if its worth upgrading my phone from 1.1.3 to 2.1.. What are the pros and cons...

If its all good news, how do I it? I'm not sure if its jailbroken

Can someone help?

Thanks

hi, i haven't really got much into upgrading my iPhone and moding it.. But now I am, I was wondering if its worth upgrading my phone from 1.1.3 to 2.1.. What are the pros and cons...

If its all good news, how do I it? I'm not sure if its jailbroken

Can someone help?

Thanks
it is absolutely worth it... 2.1 has more features and bug fixes... you should totally do it... just connect to iTunes restore and it will ask you if you want to update to 2.1 and there ya go...

Nov 24, 2007
i'd say do it... i had the same debate.. i went from 1.1.3 to 2.1 about a month ago...
the little things i noticed was load time when u turn it on/off.. but thats not really that bad at all.. almost every app i had, i have again..plus 600 more.. its a month later & i'm still going through apps.. i haven't even been on cydia. only to DL catorgoies because i had so many apps i ran outta pages lol.. its outta hand i got so many apps i dunno what to do with them apps LOL :laugh2: .. i'd say do it. i did, i'm very happy..

how to go from 1.1.3 to 2.1:
1)i restored to 1.1.3, then rejailbroke & unlocked, then upgraded to 2.1..(just because i live in canada i'm not with AT&T)

2)then i restored to 2.1.

3)now find quickpwn & the 2 Bootloaders & a copy of 2.1 1G frimware... trying watch a video on youtube if your unsure... u could probably find a link for everything u need there aswhile..

$) its pretty simple from there.. quickpwn step by step......... your good happy modding

Sep 5, 2008
ok, i know where to get directions on how upgrade, and thanks for the response

one more thing

will i be able to keep my aps i currently have, as well as contacts...

oh yeah and do i need to take out my simcard?

thanks

Nov 24, 2007
ok, i know where to get directions on how upgrade, and thanks for the response

one more thing

will i be able to keep my aps i currently have, as well as contacts...

oh yeah and do i need to take out my simcard?

thanks
use isimport or something and copy all your contacts to your sim card , u can import them from the 2.1 settings>mail,contracts>import... none of your current apps will work...