1.1.3 tomorrow? 1/2/08...?

Rex32

Nov 29, 2007
Hey guys,
I just clicked the check for update button in iTunes and it normally changes the date to a few weeks from now to automatically check for an update again...
This time when I clicked it, it said the next check will be 01/02/2008... I tried it a few times and after saying 1.1.2 was the latest firmware, it would still say the next automated update is 01/02/2008...
Does that indicate that 1.1.3 will be coming out tomorrow? I'm sure Apple would want everyone to get the latest firmware as soon as possible so that would seem to make sense, correct?

Sorry if this has been posted or if I'm completely wrong but it seemed to kinda make sense to me.

Mike

Lincoln

Gold
Aug 11, 2007
This has been asked a few times. That date is different for everybody; it depends on the last time you checked for update and has nothing to do with when the next update is coming.

Mine says 1/3/08.

And welcome to the forums!

- John

Rex32

Nov 29, 2007
That's what i thought I read too, but after you click check for updates doesn't it change it to a week or so in advance?

scandalex

Silver
Sep 16, 2007
Another post on the same subject- I'm starting to loose what little mind I have left!

BTW- Welcome! :cool:

Rex32

Nov 29, 2007
Haha sorry to start another wild craze over the same BS info, I hate when people do that on the Subaru forums...
I thought I read the other one and it ended up saying that it would change the update by a week or so but i guess its all just random....

Unless of course I check at midnight and it says 1.1.3 is available haha, just kidding of course....

Sorry guys!

jjvaldez

Gold
Jul 3, 2007
Salinas, Ca
im sure that there is not going to be an update till macworld

Lincoln

Gold
Aug 11, 2007
It is the 2nd, and I see no update. Only snow.

Just wait. Come Macworld, it'll be nuts around here.
At the domain change, traffic slowed down.
At Christmas, the traffic sped up.
Right now, it's rather slow again.
January 15th, it's 1.1.1 all over again. Hopefully minus the haters.

- John

john_T

Silver
Dec 29, 2007
NYC
So what happens with the jailbroken iPhones/Touches with this FW update?

Elbacanazo920

Bronze
Dec 23, 2007
Bronx, NY
that is why I have yet to jail break cause I don't want to worry about losing my apps and putting them back in. But if you really want 1.1.3 then my advice is tap on a magic lamp to speed up the process.

It is the 2nd, and I see no update. Only snow.

Just wait. Come Macworld, it'll be nuts around here.
At the domain change, traffic slowed down.
At Christmas, the traffic sped up.
Right now, it's rather slow again.
January 15th, it's 1.1.1 all over again. Hopefully minus the haters.

- John
Remember what people were saying would happen when Leopard was released? Yeah you do, nothing happened. Leopard was released and the iPhone was the same old thing.