1.1.3. Update!

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.
Dec 12, 2007
Ok, someone must know by now. Was this rumour about another update from Apple simply just that, a rumour?

Everywhere on the net I read that there was great confidence that the update would come through last weekend. But the same sites did not provide a further news, nor an update. Instead they either closed their page, or left it reporting the same rumour that obviously never happened.

It is kinda foolish to pretend to have ground breaking news, when in fact no one actually had any real knowledge.

So can anyone actually report anything new?

Cheers
www.eo-creative.com

williamrob42

Bronze
Jul 25, 2007
I am like you. I am ready for another update. The rumors are always there but only Steve and Apple know for sure when the updates are coming. Looking forward to another update. :cool:

Dec 12, 2007
William,

We are all really keen for the next update. I would have thought for Apple the sooner we have customer complaints resolved the better it would be for PR.

I mean shipping the iPhone without a To-Do-List that would work with iCal is just simple lazy. I really wish this was not true, but there is no excuse. They created the software and the Hardware. Did no one think that Apple users of iCal would expect this simple function to work on an Apple iPhone!

I love the iPhone, but I really thought these minor corrections would have been sorted very quickly through the updates. After all consumers are carrying out market testing and paying for the privilege to do so.

So again we say, come on Apple sort it out for your loyal customer base.

www.eo-creative.com

meiphones_brill

Silver
Nov 16, 2007
William,

I mean shipping the iPhone without a To-Do-List that would work with iCal is just simple lazy. I really wish this was not true, but there is no excuse. They created the software and the Hardware. Did no one think that Apple users of iCal would expect this simple function to work on an Apple iPhone!

www.eo-creative.com
Have I got a special phone - it syncs my iCal calendar perfectly?

I've always used my iCal as a to-do list - you know, at 2:00 do this, at 4:30 do that, that sort of thing.

Dec 12, 2007
iCal calendar works, but with a few problems. One the entries are no longer sync back into the calendar you created them in.

The main problem is that if you use the To-Do-List to the side of iCal. Well that does not work. It does not update, so no reminders.

It is like half of the program it is on the computer. A simple To-Do-List is all they had to make work.

www.eo-creative.com

meiphones_brill

Silver
Nov 16, 2007
iCal calendar works, but with a few problems. One the entries are no longer sync back into the calendar you created them in.

The main problem is that if you use the To-Do-List to the side of iCal. Well that does not work. It does not update, so no reminders.

It is like half of the program it is on the computer. A simple To-Do-List is all they had to make work.

www.eo-creative.com
You're right - there is a way to go. You need to check your sync preferences though because mine syncs both ways. If I modify or create an appointment in the iPhone that gets synched to my mac when I dock it - and then automatically to my other macs with .mac

If I modify an appointment on my home mac , office mac or laptop it gets propagated back to my iPhone I think it's brilliant. But I am easily pleased.

I've never liked to-do lists I tend to make huge lists of stuff I've already done so I can have the pleasure of ticking them off - and miss out the important things that I'm not looking forward to.

My secretary has a to-do list, no iPhone, just a handbag. I may try that it seems to work.

Lincoln

Gold
Aug 11, 2007
Alas, it's Thursday, and look; no update.

I expect to see 1.1.3 after there is a jailbreak for 1.1.2 that doesn't involve downgrading.

- John

Lincoln

Gold
Aug 11, 2007
I can almost hear the roar of laughter from aged posters here...
Aged? What's thats supposed to mean, OJ?

I suppose I'm not that aged. I joined in mid August. I remember you mocking some of my posts when I first started posting, OJ. :)

- John