1.1.3 won't save my Gmail password

up10ad

Genius
Gold
Aug 1, 2007
Fruita , CO
up10ad.com
I have used my Gmail on my iPhone since 1.1.1 and have never had any problems. With my JB 1.1.2 I had Gmail set up as Other mail and set it to use IMAP (I did set up IMAP in my Gmail profile at Google). It worked fine.

I upgraded to 1.1.3 early and when the touch JB came out I had to use the downgrade instructions to go back to 1.1.1, then JB and upgrade to 1.1.2 and JB, then use the touch JB to go to 1.1.3 Everything seems to work fine.

However, I cannot get Gmail to save my password for sending mail. I have tried setting it up as Other mail and as Gmail. I can go through the setup and enter all the information including the imap.gmail.com server for receiving with my full email and password, and the smtp.gmail.com with full email and password. I press save and it checks it fine. However, when I go back into the Setting app after leaving it, there is no password in the smtp field! This happens whether I set it up as a Gamail account or as an Other mail account.

If I try to use it to send anything a message pops up saying it needs a password. I checked the advanced settings and they are set correctly to use SSL and have the proper ports.

Any suggestions? I have set this mail up at least 10 times with the same results. I'll try a reset and see if that helps, but would appreciate any suggestions.

KNK

Jul 22, 2007
Stevenson Ranch
go to sources On the phone and add go to www.sleepers.net/iPhonerepo and download the patch, then in the install under rcent 1.1.3 mailfix click that and it will fix that.

I have used my Gmail on my iPhone since 1.1.1 and have never had any problems. With my JB 1.1.2 I had Gmail set up as Other mail and set it to use IMAP (I did set up IMAP in my Gmail profile at Google). It worked fine.

I upgraded to 1.1.3 early and when the touch JB came out I had to use the downgrade instructions to go back to 1.1.1, then JB and upgrade to 1.1.2 and JB, then use the touch JB to go to 1.1.3 Everything seems to work fine.

However, I cannot get Gmail to save my password for sending mail. I have tried setting it up as Other mail and as Gmail. I can go through the setup and enter all the information including the imap.gmail.com server for receiving with my full email and password, and the smtp.gmail.com with full email and password. I press save and it checks it fine. However, when I go back into the Setting app after leaving it, there is no password in the smtp field! This happens whether I set it up as a Gamail account or as an Other mail account.

If I try to use it to send anything a message pops up saying it needs a password. I checked the advanced settings and they are set correctly to use SSL and have the proper ports.

Any suggestions? I have set this mail up at least 10 times with the same results. I'll try a reset and see if that helps, but would appreciate any suggestions.