1.1.3 ZiPhoned w/ v2.3 - Is it Jailbroken?

Corduroy

Jul 19, 2007
San Diego, CA
I have a 7T727... serialized iPhone which I got shortly after launch and have been using it with AT&T with no mods. I have been updating it and it is currently at 1.1.3.

Yesterday I installed the ZiPhone 2.3 Gui and Jailbroke and unlocked my phone. Everything went beautifully. Installer was loaded and I can load apps, ssh, sftp, etc.

Here is where I am confused.... Why do programs like ibrickr and iPhone browser tell me that my phone is not jailbroken?

chcorey52

Silver
Dec 25, 2007
I believe because those prgrams don't recognize the ziPhone jilbreak.

Hawk

Genius
Gold
Aug 2, 2007
ATL
I have a 7T727... serialized iPhone which I got shortly after launch and have been using it with AT&T with no mods. I have been updating it and it is currently at 1.1.3.

Yesterday I installed the ZiPhone 2.3 Gui and Jailbroke and unlocked my phone. Everything went beautifully. Installer was loaded and I can load apps, ssh, sftp, etc.

Here is where I am confused.... Why do programs like ibrickr and iPhone browser tell me that my phone is not jailbroken?
There is a fix for that, although I am not sure where.... hang on I'll look in my phone.
Ok, add the following source in Installer. ( do to that, go into installer, click on sources, and then at the top, click edit on the right, and then Add on the left.) Enter iPhone.unlock.no
Click OK.
refresh the list and go back into the install list and look for a category called Unlocking Tools. In there, there should be a app called ZiPhone iBrickr Fix
Install and then for good measure, reboot. You should be good to go from there.

Corduroy

Jul 19, 2007
San Diego, CA
There is a fix for that, although I am not sure where.... hang on I'll look in my phone.
Ok, add the following source in Installer. ( do to that, go into installer, click on sources, and then at the top, click edit on the right, and then Add on the left.) Enter iPhone.unlock.no
Click OK.
refresh the list and go back into the install list and look for a category called Unlocking Tools. In there, there should be a app called ZiPhone iBrickr Fix
Install and then for good measure, reboot. You should be good to go from there.
That did it! Except I had to add i.unlock.no as a source. For some reason iPhone.unlock.no did not work.

Thanks!

jpetticrew

Bronze
Sep 25, 2007
Houston
Is there a Mac program that will recognize the ZiPhone jailbreak?