1.1.4 and Jailbreak

Popdevil

Bronze
Jul 2, 2007
Maybe I have just missed it but no one is talking about jailbreaking the 1.1.4. Is it not able to be done, did I miss something? I have 1.1.3 jailbroken but should I be on 1.1.4 or stay where I am? Can it be jailbroken to 1.1.4?

OJsakila

Jul 15, 2007
Jupiter's sulphur mines
Maybe I have just missed it but no one is talking about jailbreaking the 1.1.4. Is it not able to be done, did I miss something? I have 1.1.3 jailbroken but should I be on 1.1.4 or stay where I am? Can it be jailbroken to 1.1.4?

Are you kidding me?

try searching for once in your life

patrickj

Genius
Gold
Sep 2, 2007
Austin, Tx
ipadinsight.com
There are a number of threads on this. Yes, you can get up to 1.1.4 and jailbreak.
Cleanest process from where you are at is:
  1. Make sure your photos / contacts etc. are synced to your computer
  2. Restore to a clean 1.1.3
  3. Update to 1.1.4
  4. Setup iPhone as 'new' in terms of its iTunes partnership
  5. Use latest ZiPhone (2.5c I think) to jailbreak

OJsakila

Jul 15, 2007
Jupiter's sulphur mines
There are a number of threads on this. Yes, you can get up to 1.1.4 and jailbreak.
  3. Update to 1.1.4

Don't forget to breast -feed him, also.

There is no excuse for this post. You shouldn't have answered him, either. I mean, come on, EVERY THREAD ON THIS PAGE IS ABOUT 1.1.4 J/B iPhoneS! He obviously did ZERO searching before adding that super redundant post of his!

patrickj

Genius
Gold
Sep 2, 2007
Austin, Tx
ipadinsight.com
Don't forget to breast -feed him, also.

There is no excuse for this post. You shouldn't have answered him, either. I mean, come on, EVERY THREAD ON THIS PAGE IS ABOUT 1.1.4 J/B iPhoneS! He obviously did ZERO searching before adding that super redundant post of his!
I took a quick glance at the first two pages of this forum and there is not a thread title that jumps out as being a 1.1.4 JB guide, though there are lots on 1.1.4 issues. I think what happened is a lot of folks discussed the process etc. on Tinman's 'Easiest 1.1.3 JB Method' thread, which you wouldn't necessarily look to.

I know there are lots of posts where not enough searching was done, but there are also places where stickies could be used more to help people find what they're after. In the past, I've replied to some posts with an answer, but also a pointer to say 'you could've found this by searching with XYZ search terms' - but this time it took me just as long to do quick outline of basic steps ...

justahsquirrel

Silver
Jun 7, 2007
Queens, NY
  3. Update to 1.1.4
whats with step 4? set up phone as new? meaning that i would not get back my contacts and pictures etc etc? start from scratch?

patrickj

Genius
Gold
Sep 2, 2007
Austin, Tx
ipadinsight.com
whats with step 4? set up phone as new? meaning that i would not get back my contacts and pictures etc etc? start from scratch?
Lots of issues have been seen when people try to put back their settings and iTunes partnership when using ZiPhone - check lots of other threads for references to this.

It should not mean you lose contacts or pictures, as long as you make sure they exist on your computer before wiping your phone. Then, even after setting up a new partnership, you just sync them back. One to watch out for here is your Camera Roll, which is not auto-synced to your computer - so you may need to manually copy those pics across if you're wanting to keep them ...

Popdevil

Bronze
Jul 2, 2007
I took a quick glance at the first two pages of this forum and there is not a thread title that jumps out as being a 1.1.4 JB guide, though there are lots on 1.1.4 issues. I think what happened is a lot of folks discussed the process etc. on Tinman's 'Easiest 1.1.3 JB Method' thread, which you wouldn't necessarily look to.

I know there are lots of posts where not enough searching was done, but there are also places where stickies could be used more to help people find what they're after. In the past, I've replied to some posts with an answer, but also a pointer to say 'you could've found this by searching with XYZ search terms' - but this time it took me just as long to do quick outline of basic steps ...
Thanks Patrickj,
Each time I went into a thread about 1.1.4 it was about having issues of some sort. When I JB 1.1.3 there were plenty of threads with steps on how to do it and most of it was a thread by tinman. I am not a newbie on this forum and do search and a sticky would be nice.
Since I have been on this forum for a while, I know to ignore when someone posts something negative instead of giving a positive post.