1.1.4 Compatibility ?'s

fdchilds16

Bronze
May 6, 2008
I'm scared to death of upgrading to 1.1.4. :mad: One of the reasons is that I saw on my friend's phone that the 1.1.4 version of Customize does not have a tool to hide icons, and I just CANNOT go back to an icon cluttered Springboard. I heard that Poof can do it, but I want to know how Poof works, before even going through the trouble of upgrading.

If I use Poof to hide my icons, will it also hide the icons on the dock, or do I have the choice of leaving those visible? Also, does it just hide everything automatically, or do I have a choice of what it hides and what it shows?

Some other apps that I'm concerned about are the following. Do these apps work with 1.1.4: iWoman, MobileMoney, Lockbox, NES, ShopList, ThemeBuilder, weDict, and weTool.

Feedback is GREATLY APPRECIATED! I don't think I'll have the guts to upgrade without knowing this.

Thanks a bunch, guys! :laugh2:

krypto

Bronze
Feb 18, 2008
Honolulu, Hawaii
I'm scared to death of upgrading to 1.1.4. :mad: One of the reasons is that I saw on my friend's phone that the 1.1.4 version of Customize does not have a tool to hide icons, and I just CANNOT go back to an icon cluttered Springboard. I heard that Poof can do it, but I want to know how Poof works, before even going through the trouble of upgrading.

If I use Poof to hide my icons, will it also hide the icons on the dock, or do I have the choice of leaving those visible? Also, does it just hide everything automatically, or do I have a choice of what it hides and what it shows?

Some other apps that I'm concerned about are the following. Do these apps work with 1.1.4: iWoman, MobileMoney, Lockbox, NES, ShopList, ThemeBuilder, weDict, and weTool.

Feedback is GREATLY APPRECIATED! I don't think I'll have the guts to upgrade without knowing this.

Thanks a bunch, guys! :laugh2:
Well I'm on 1.1.4 and Poof works great for me. You can choose to hide any icon you like.

I've never been able to get customize to work, but Summerboard is fine with me, I SSH most of the cool graphic stuff to my iPhone anyway.

My wife uses iWoman, weDict & weTool on her 1.1.4. And, NES works great on mine.

fdchilds16

Bronze
May 6, 2008
Thanks! Do you know about LockBox, MobileMoney, ShopList, or ThemeBuilder?

fdchilds16

Bronze
May 6, 2008
Thanks. Another one I forgot is the Dock application. This works on 1.1.4, right?

Dec 10, 2007
blacked out
Dock works great on 1.1.4. I use that and poof to de-clutter the springboard. The only thing I ever used Customize for was hiding icons and, well.. I'm not missing it. Poof is awesome.

fdchilds16

Bronze
May 6, 2008
Thanks guys! The only one I'm still having a question about is MobileMoney. Is anyone using this with 1.1.4, and if so, is it stable? I use this application religiously and just really need to know.

Thanks!

aaronsiphone

Bronze
Dec 28, 2007
I'm guessing she's/he (he who use's iwoman?) is upgrading to 1.1.4! Welcome to the future!

Nov 24, 2007
go to 1.1.3.. just say no to 1.1.4.... 1.1.4 most apps are based from 1.1.3 just go to 1.1.3... only problem is SMS time

fdchilds16

Bronze
May 6, 2008
Is the new Installer compatible with 1.1.3, because I've experienced some HUGE problems with 1.0.2 and Installer v3.1!

Bone

Zealot
Gold
Feb 11, 2008
i agree 1.1.3 is still in my opinion the best firmware. hands down.

fdchilds16

Bronze
May 6, 2008
But they say 1.1.4 just fixes some bugs on 1.1.3, so wouldn't that make 1.1.4 the best?