1.1.4 jailbreak issue!

jjsquizz

Bronze
Nov 10, 2007
Los Angeles
I jailbroke my phone using ZiPhone twice because of issues. I go to iTunes and it tells me I'm on 1.1.3, but my firmware changed to 04.04.5. Totally confused.

x999x

Gold
Aug 6, 2007
1) did you install any of those "install 1.1.3 apps on 1.1.4" tweaks or fixes?

2) after you jailbroke, did you set up your phone as "new" or did you restore your previous partnership?

---

1) that tweak will make your iPhone report its 1.1.3 to whatever application that asks

2) the ziPhone homepage recommends you set up your phone as a "new" partnership with iTunes to avoid any little problems that may arise.

jjsquizz

Bronze
Nov 10, 2007
Los Angeles
1) did you install any of those "install 1.1.3 apps on 1.1.4" tweaks or fixes?

2) after you jailbroke, did you set up your phone as "new" or did you restore your previous partnership?

---

1) that tweak will make your iPhone report its 1.1.3 to whatever application that asks

2) the ziPhone homepage recommends you set up your phone as a "new" partnership with iTunes to avoid any little problems that may arise.

My iTunes said I was up to date with 1.1.3 and I jailbroke ZiPhone 2.5. I was 1.1.4. I went to iclarified and found a 1.1.3 restore and used it. Went back to iTunes and it said to update and restore, so I did. Jailbroke 1.1.4 again and it worked. Now your fix for summerboar isn't working for some of my themes. It's ok. Did u research any fix for Customize/

x999x

Gold
Aug 6, 2007
My iTunes said I was up to date with 1.1.3 and I jailbroke ZiPhone 2.5. I was 1.1.4. I went to iclarified and found a 1.1.3 restore and used it. Went back to iTunes and it said to update and restore, so I did. Jailbroke 1.1.4 again and it worked. Now your fix for summerboar isn't working for some of my themes. It's ok. Did u research any fix for Customize/
I don't host any SummerBoard fixes, lol. Nothing for Customize I'm afraid.

Yeah, it sounds like you are having difficulties with that tweak to install 1.1.3 apps in 1.1.4. Each time you restore your profile again from iTunes, that file "SystemVersion.plist" from your old backup keeps getting replaced, so your iPhone will keep saying its 1.1.3 even though its 1.1.4.

I take it you got this sorted out, which is a good thing, but if you're still experiencing problems, thats pretty much why. This is why Zibri/ZiPhone cautions users to set up a New partnership after jailbreaking, because little files that can cause a whole day of headaches just love to slip through the cracks.

jjsquizz

Bronze
Nov 10, 2007
Los Angeles
I don't host any SummerBoard fixes, lol. Nothing for Customize I'm afraid.

Yeah, it sounds like you are having difficulties with that tweak to install 1.1.3 apps in 1.1.4. Each time you restore your profile again from iTunes, that file "SystemVersion.plist" from your old backup keeps getting replaced, so your iPhone will keep saying its 1.1.3 even though its 1.1.4.

I take it you got this sorted out, which is a good thing, but if you're still experiencing problems, thats pretty much why. This is why Zibri/ZiPhone cautions users to set up a New partnership after jailbreaking, because little files that can cause a whole day of headaches just love to slip through the cracks.
I jailbroke again and set up as new. I hope that doesn't restart my contract. I'm gonna try installing apps again and see what happens. Thanks for your help.

x999x

Gold
Aug 6, 2007
I jailbroke again and set up as new. I hope that doesn't restart my contract. I'm gonna try installing apps again and see what happens. Thanks for your help.
It doesn't restart your contract, sorry I didn't point that out for you earlier.

Apple really needs to rephrase the "Set up as New" option in iTunes.

What they mean to say is "Set up a New Partnership" but for some reason they don't. They either don't think it will confuse anyone, which it does, or maybe they have to be careful of how they phrase things so they don't tread on synchronization copyrights that Windows Mobile or Palm may own.

jjsquizz

Bronze
Nov 10, 2007
Los Angeles
It doesn't restart your contract, sorry I didn't point that out for you earlier.

Apple really needs to rephrase the "Set up as New" option in iTunes.

What they mean to say is "Set up a New Partnership" but for some reason they don't. They either don't think it will confuse anyone, which it does, or maybe they have to be careful of how they phrase things so they don't tread on synchronization copyrights that Windows Mobile or Palm may own.
Good. I just didn't want 9 months to go down the drain. Not that I'm going any where. Thanks

OhWhyMe

Bronze
Jan 17, 2008
What if you didn't set it up as new, should you restore and jb again? I didn't set it up that way b/c I wanted to make sure I got my contacts back because I never backed them up. I don't even know for sure if that would have messed up my contacts :(