1.1.4 Mail not working

THEHNIC

Bronze
Feb 11, 2008
CA
So I just updated to 1.1.4 and used the new ZiPhone and it worked great. The only problem I'm having is when I click on mail it will open then shut right down. Does anyone know how to fix this.

Thanks,

Sean

Jan 16, 2008
i'm getting same issue but in 1.1.3 jailbroken

Hawk

Genius
Gold
Aug 2, 2007
ATL
So I just updated to 1.1.4 and used the new ZiPhone and it worked great. The only problem I'm having is when I click on mail it will open then shut right down. Does anyone know how to fix this.

Thanks,

Sean
I had this problem too.
I got it fixed, but I am not sure how. Let me just list what I did, because I don't think it had anything to do with ZiPhone.
Sync'd
uninstalled all 3rd party software I could.
held the shift key and restored to 1.1.4
Restored profile. everything was working at this point.- but I never tested my mail.
jailbroke.
added software back on
found mail problem.
Restored 1.1.4 stock again
restored profile
tested mail- Failed.
tried to restore to 1.1.2 -failed
tried 1.1.3 -failed
did 1.1.4 again - worked.
Checked everything- everything worked!
restored my profile.
sync'd to get my movies and music back.
jailbroke with ZiPhone 2.3
installed my apps again
installed iPhysics
installed pinball and Moo'n patrol
Checked and those 2 levels didn't work. used Winscp and changed permissions and ...Still didn't work. I'm going to play with it tonight. The app level starts to launch and remains blank.
I think the attempts to go backwards was the reason the install finally took correctly. ( i saw that the name of my phone changed twice during all this.)

Oct 9, 2007
Had the same prob

I had this problem too. I found it to be related to restoring from a back up. I did a restore without reverting to the back up and it fixed everything. If you sync all your contacts and pics it is no big deal to loose it during the restore. hope this helps

x999x

Gold
Aug 6, 2007
You've just got a permissions issue due to restoring your emails after the upgrade.

Sounds like you've already sorted it out, but a quicker solution would be to adjust your permissions. You can find the fix I posted for this in Tinman's Easy 1.1.3 JB thread. SOrry I cant paste the URL here, I'm on my iPhone :T

Jan 19, 2008
hey I had the same problem easy quick fix, hop on fuu or cyberduck go to var/moblie/library/mail set permissions to 777... it worked for me instantlly

Hondamaker

Genius
Gold
May 14, 2007
Fairborn, Ohio
hey I had the same problem easy quick fix, hop on fuu or cyberduck go to var/moblie/library/mail set permissions to 777... it worked for me instantlly
Had to restore again due to some bugs, went to change permissions for the crashing mail app. I forgot what to change permissions to and tried 077 and that worked. Why would 777 and 077 both work?

overbo0st2k4

Bronze
Oct 17, 2007

What program do you use for Windows?

In addition to the mail problem, I am on 1.1.4, managed to install BSD Subsystem, the Appsupportpatch 1.1.4, but when I try to install OpenSSH or Terminal, I get "Package download failed" Error!

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Hawk

Genius
Gold
Aug 2, 2007
ATL
go into Sources and make sure that you have the latest Community Sources available. Install it and reboot.

Scottshotz

Bronze
Sep 25, 2007
I rejb'd yesterday after 1.1.4 restore/update. And I don't think I have community sources. What's the source?

overbo0st2k4

Bronze
Oct 17, 2007
Thank you very much SteveSpear and Hawk. The combination of your two responses, steve with setting the permissions and Hawk with telling me to install community sources, now I have a fully functioning jailbroken 1.1.4!

I was seriously upset with having to restore 6 times to try to figure it out, but am much better now that mail app works.

THANKS MUCH!

Hawk

Genius
Gold
Aug 2, 2007
ATL
I rejb'd yesterday after 1.1.4 restore/update. And I don't think I have community sources. What's the source?
It's in Install, under sources, above System. You don't have to add a source for it.

benny100

Feb 20, 2008
how and where would I find cyberduck? Im a newbie
and I restore my phone because I couldn't get mail to work. I want to try it again. Can someone please post step by step instructions please

Radis

Bronze
Jul 3, 2007
need some help please.

i am using winscp, is that ok.
i went to var/moblie/library/mail and now what do i click on and how do i set permissions to 777?

thanks

benny100

Feb 20, 2008
need some help please.

i am using winscp, is that ok.
i went to var/moblie/library/mail and now what do i click on and how do i set permissions to 777?

thanks
good question. Please show us how
thanks

herr0305

Feb 3, 2008
hello,

i'm having a problem on 1.1.4 mail. It crashed all the time. Please help to solve the problem, thanks