1.1.4? Whoa

SweepeR

Bronze
Oct 1, 2007
ok yall i kbow this has been asked prob before but ive been busy wih midterms so sorry but what does 1.1.4 chaange from 1.1.1 which i have. Btw will ut include updatea from 1.1.2 n such?

2nf can i add nes custom txt ring tones etc or do i haveto jailbreak it again?

Thx a lottt

Alexander

Zealot
Gold
Jun 28, 2007
Atlanta
ok yall i kbow this has been asked prob before but ive been busy wih midterms so sorry but what does 1.1.4 chaange from 1.1.1 which i have. Btw will ut include updatea from 1.1.2 n such?

2nf can i add nes custom txt ring tones etc or do i haveto jailbreak it again?

Thx a lottt
It essentially adds bug fixes, with minor tweaks here and there. It'll include all previous update data. And you will have to re-jailbreak - I recommend ZiPhone.

acosmichippo

Genius
Platinum
Sep 10, 2007
DC
i think the biggest differences you will see is your Map app will be much improved, and you will be able to create Webclips and rearrange icons on your homescreen.

SweepeR

Bronze
Oct 1, 2007
i think the biggest differences you will see is your Map app will be much improved, and you will be able to create Webclips and rearrange icons on your homescreen.
what is map app and whats create web clips? U mean picture saving off safari?

Jul 6, 2007
Marietta, GA
about.me
the map app is the icon with the picture of a map on it. it is a google maps app and does exactly what it sounds like it does. and the web clips feature lets you save a link to a webpage and puts it on your home screen and gives it an icon based on the portion of the web page showing.

SweepeR

Bronze
Oct 1, 2007
the map app is the icon with the picture of a map on it. it is a google maps app and does exactly what it sounds like it does. and the web clips feature lets you save a link to a webpage and puts it on your home screen and gives it an icon based on the portion of the web page showing.

oo that map app gotcha. whats new with the map app one 1.1.4? i think thats the best feature on this phone honestly.

and the web clips do u mean like a "my favorites" type of thing, where u click it and it goes straight to that part that u saved the link as?

Bone

Zealot
Gold
Feb 11, 2008
ok there are tons of little things that have ben added since 1.1.1. You would be very surprised at all the things a jailbroken iPhone can do these days.

ZiPhone is the newest and safest and fastest way to jailbreak. If u wana know more on the subject I suggest surching the forum.

Jul 6, 2007
Marietta, GA
about.me
oo that map app gotcha. whats new with the map app one 1.1.4? i think thats the best feature on this phone honestly.

and the web clips do u mean like a "my favorites" type of thing, where u click it and it goes straight to that part that u saved the link as?
the new map app adds the new "locate me" feature, which adds a less accurate gps-like feature. it also adds the ability to "drop pin" anywhere on the map and save it as a location. it adds the hybrid map view (streets/satellite images) and a couple other small things.

and the webclips, say you go to myspace.com, and want to save it to the homescreen, you click the new + icon at the bottom, click add to home screen, then it will show you the icon and lets you edit the name you want to give it. click ok and it takes you to the home screen where your newly added "favorites" are. then you can move the icons wherever you want.

SweepeR

Bronze
Oct 1, 2007
sounds sick! thanks guys.

can i put custom ringtones on? or custom txt ring tones? because i have it now on my 1.1.1 that i did that jailbreak stuff or w/e for installer and such. for the 1.1.4 is it still possible?

SweepeR

Bronze
Oct 1, 2007
Hey i just updated to 1.1.4, how can I put custome ringtones/txt tones back on this?

SweepeR

Bronze
Oct 1, 2007
btw the sound level thats higher is it for ringtones or like speaker and regular talking noise?

SweepeR

Bronze
Oct 1, 2007
how do u save pics from safari? I don't seean optiin

fdchilds16

Bronze
May 6, 2008
You can do that by using iBrickr, if you're a Windows user. It's pretty self-explanatory.

jjvaldez

Gold
Jul 3, 2007
Salinas, Ca
go to Apple .com and look at the videos with that guy that explains all the cool new stuff that comes with 1 1 4 .. that is the best way to learn all that