1.1 unlocked to 1.2 unlocked question, now that iTunes is 1.3

imapfsr

Bronze
Oct 2, 2007
Victoria, B.C. Canada
Hey all,
My question is that now that iTunes is 'updating' to 1.3 and you need an update to allow oktoprep to work from 1.1 to 1.2 can you download a 1.2 'update' file. It seems all the 1.2 I am finding are restore files. I know you can 'shift' when hitting updat in iTunes to select your own file but each time I tried and then ran the 1.2 unlock I got 'must have run oktoprep to work' I know that its because each time I ran the restore file it erased the oktoprep and was like a fresh 1.2 without the oktoprep. Do I need the 1.2 update or can I use the 1.2 restore but just click on the update button instead of the restore button in iTunes. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks everyone in advance.
Todd

aredling

Oct 26, 2007
I am in the exact same scenario with my iPhone after the program "Advanced Preferences" forced me to restore my iPhone.

Right now I am going to just put it back to 1.1.1 for the time beng.

-Adam

imapfsr

Bronze
Oct 2, 2007
Victoria, B.C. Canada
Hey Adam,
Yes, that is where I am at as well. The 'advanced preference' program, is that the one that allows you to move your wallpapers and ringtones and such. I am asking because that program seemed to be the culprit for me when I had to re format.

aredling

Oct 26, 2007
I'm not sure. I know it had a bunch of additional options within the Settings GUI.

I had messed around with the sensitivity on the touch screen a bit.

It also has options for the "fake clock" and others like that.

Then out of nowhere after using the iPhone for a day or so, it just stopped working at all. None of the buttons, or the touch screen worked. When I plugged it into iTunes, it would atleast recognize it so I was able to restore it. Now i'm having some problems activating the phone....ugh.

What a mess.

-Adam

imapfsr

Bronze
Oct 2, 2007
Victoria, B.C. Canada
Adam,
I am back running 1.2. Just use the update button while holding shift and select the 1.2 restore that you have saved on your computer, it will only update saving the oktoprep and allowing you to do the update.
Todd