1 GB of RAM confirmed by iFixIt for the 6 Plus

Ledsteplin

Genius
Gold
Oct 29, 2013
Florence, AL
iOS manages RAM quite well. I don't see this as a problem. The other platforms will boast about 2 gb of RAM. They use it as yet another marketing, "Look at our specs!" Tool. And all the while, iOS devices go quietly about their business of performing wonderfully.

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
iOS manages RAM quite well. I don't see this as a problem. The other platforms will boast about 2 gb of RAM. They use it as yet another marketing, "Look at our specs!" Tool. And all the while, iOS devices go quietly about their business of performing wonderfully.
Yes, it manages memory well, but managing it means automatically closing stuff when it maxes out. We wouldn't get to that point as quickly if we had more RAM. I would have liked to have seen 2 GB in this model. For example, Safari tabs and apps have to refresh with moderate or heavy multitasking.

rom x

Zealot
Gold
Jan 18, 2011
Like Europa said ios uses ram well. the only issue I personally would have, is that when a JB is out you may not be able to run non apple apps like XBMC. As 1gb of ram is what most peeps suggest to have when running XBMC. and since it's NFL time, that's means it's time to start using XBMC so i don't miss a single game. cause i'm too cheap to pay for it;)

rom x

Zealot
Gold
Jan 18, 2011
It could be a cost factor. it could also be that apple doesn't really care about other non-apple apps

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
I agree that it's cost, but I wouldn't say they don't care about third party apps. Apps run fine. It will allot enough memory for what's in the foreground. It's just that some of the backgrounded (frozen) apps will close out with moderate multitasking.

Ledsteplin

Genius
Gold
Oct 29, 2013
Florence, AL
2 GB may have been better. Time will tell. If there are RAM issues with the 6/6 Plus, then I would expect the 6s to be upped to 2 GB. I would like to hear Apple's reasoning for not going with 2 gb. Even 1.5 GB would have been better.