1 in 3 Americans wants an iPhone

alb0zf1n3st

Silver
Jul 2, 2007
I believe it.. i mean common you whip out an iPhone on bus or train i bet you get like atleast some commenting on it lol..

tharmsen

Silver
Jul 5, 2007
Ok, everybody altogether now; stick your fingers in your ears and repeat after me -- "the iPhone isn't revolutionary and it's lacking too many features to be taken seriously".

:cool:

wildonrio

Gold
Jul 4, 2007
Provo, UT
Ok, everybody altogether now; stick your fingers in your ears and repeat after me -- "the iPhone isn't revolutionary and it's lacking too many features to be taken seriously".

Better close your eyes too or you might see every iPhone owner smiling and everyone else watching and drooling.

gcvt

Zealot
Gold
Jun 21, 2007
San Francisco
This report doesn't surprise me one little bit. I can tell you that 100% of the people that have played with my phone want one.

mernst

Silver
Jul 11, 2007
Gulfport, Ms
I get a crowd at walmart.... a lot of people are impressed by it....

just the battery bug and thats it... but I'm loving it..... :laugh2:

dsuppa

Bronze
Jul 3, 2007
New Jersey
www.dfsdesigns.com
Well everyone I know wants one so I would say its more like 3 in 3, but 2 in 3 say they don't want it because they either can't afford it or cant find one, lol.

spacerog

Bronze
Jun 11, 2007
www.spacerogue.net

They said the same thing about the iPod. It wasn't revolutionary either, when it came out people said it was to big, didn't have enough storage, didn't support OV format, etc, etc, There were a dozen other MP3 players in the market which were all 'better' than the iPod on paper.

Same thing with the iPhone, there are a half dozen or more phones on the market right now that are all 'better' than the iPhone on paper. But as proven with the iPod a list of specs alone does not make a popular device.

- SR

spacerog

Bronze
Jun 11, 2007
www.spacerogue.net
Good to know that they are going to come up with a 16 GB that supports 3G at a lower price in the Spring. Argh.
Don't bet on it. All these people saying new iPhone in January, I just don't buy it. I think the analysts are misinterpreting the information they have.

- SR

gcvt

Zealot
Gold
Jun 21, 2007
San Francisco
Good to know that they are going to come up with a 16 GB that supports 3G at a lower price in the Spring. Argh.
"According to financial website, Seeking Alpha, Apple's future iPhone product plans may include larger memory (16GB), lower prices and a 3G-capable handset by spring next year."

That's hardly concrete news....rumors, rumors, rumors.

ColsTiger

Zealot
Gold
Mar 8, 2007
Columbus, GA
Everybody I talk to wants one, they just can't part with the $600 right now. I think it will be a must-have item this Christmas.

jimwarden

Bronze
Jun 30, 2007
I believe it (3 n 1 Want It). In my experience, most people just can't afford it. Internet in your pocket! It's a no-brainer.

Yeah, I never mentioned at work that I had one, but it is impossible to keep it hidden for long. So now everyone wants a quick demo.

I sure am glad that I didn't listen to all of those blogs and tech articles that were telling why we shouldn't buy this first edition iPhone. Glad I found this EI forum and listened to you guys about getting the 8gb over the 4gb model.

Sure was surprised at the speed of the Edge network. I am still amazed at the screen resolution. Download this guy's HD quality video podcast about golf. http://podcastgolflessons.com/PodcastGolfLessons/Podcast/rss.xml

It is also available on iTunes.

Jim

wjp09

Zealot
Gold
Feb 25, 2007
NJ
"WANT" and Going to buy are 2 way different things. If someone asked you if you WANT an expensive car you would say yes but its no where near your price range.

chatter

Jun 30, 2007
The iPhone is a great device, but it's NOT for everyone; in particular, it is NOT a productivity device, so anyone looking for that sort of thing will be sorely disappointed. A good friend of mine is a HUGE Apple fanboy, and he's returning his because it slows him down too much (he likes his 32GB iPod, although he thinks the iPhone is a better iPod device - just not enough memory). He also earns well into the six figures, so it's anything but a matter of price.

In general, I think anyone coming from a feature phone will be THRILLED, but that anyone who needs the productivity features of the BB or Treo will be unhappy to find out that iPhone doesn't fit the bill (unhappy because they love the design, etc.)

Marc

p.s. Am I the only one that doesn't love the web browsing on many sites? For news, I much prefer pages designed for PDA's; most of what's on a newspaper page is ads indexes, etc. that are a waste of time to wade through.

meyer1son

Jun 21, 2007
p.s. Am I the only one that doesn't love the web browsing on many sites? For news, I much prefer pages designed for PDA's; most of what's on a newspaper page is ads indexes, etc. that are a waste of time to wade through.

Yes you are LOL

chatter

Jun 30, 2007

Yes you are LOL
Maybe that's because you don't know how to read! LOL!