1 iPhone, 1 Computer, 1 Laptop

Edsel

Sep 5, 2007
Hello all, im going to be gone for 3 months and I will be away from my desktop computer.

My question is, Is there a way to have my phone synced to my home desktop and my laptop?

When I try to sync my phone to my laptop it wants to get rid of all the apps I have and resync it to my laptop. My ipod lets me use both no problem so I thought you could have your phone synced to 2 comps.

Thanks,
Edsel

Picazzo

Zealot
Gold
Jan 21, 2008
Copenhagen, Denmark
Hello all, im going to be gone for 3 months and I will be away from my desktop computer.

My question is, Is there a way to have my phone synced to my home desktop and my laptop?

When I try to sync my phone to my laptop it wants to get rid of all the apps I have and resync it to my laptop. My ipod lets me use both no problem so I thought you could have your phone synced to 2 comps.

Thanks,
Edsel
I found this at cnet: Sync iPhone with 2 computers

Oh - I didn't know that you'll need to be jailbroken in this case...sorry!

drumthrasher109

Bronze
Jan 9, 2009
drumsplace.co.cc
I'll browse around my computer soon to see if I could find where the backups are located. It can't be too hard to find.

Edsel

Sep 5, 2007
Thanks for the link Picazzo, that would be perfect if ya didn't have to jail break like ya said.

Drumthrasher109 that would be cool if you could find it.

thanks
Edsel

drumthrasher109

Bronze
Jan 9, 2009
drumsplace.co.cc
For Vista:
C:\Users\[USERNAME]\AppData\Roaming\Apple Computer\SyncServices\Local

For XP:
c:\I don't really know...

It is the "data.syncdb" file. If you open it with wordpad you can see some of your contacts and stuff.

Ramesh

Zealot
Gold
Jul 12, 2007
Irvine, Ca.
Just decide which computer you want to sync which items. You can sync with multiple computers, but you can't sync multiple items. For example, you can't sync music with two different machines. If your music is on your desktop, use your laptop to sync everything else.