1 Year later

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by llrickman, Oct 5, 2012.

1. llrickman

llrickman Contributor
    Silver

It sure doesn't seem like its been a year since Steve Jobs passed away. How do you guys think Apple has done since?

Im sure he had a lot of input on this new phone. Im interested to see where they will go from here

2. raqball

raqball Evangelist
    Gold

I'm not sure how much input he had on the iPhone 5 as I don't think he would have went to a 4" screen but I could be wrong..

I also don't think he would have released the upcoming and rumored iPad Mini...

I think Apple has done fine in his absence... A few bumps in the road but there were bumps with Jobs at the helm as well..

3. Muckcityjustin

Gold

I'm pretty sure before he stepped down he had a 5 year plan for Apple. I bet he personally had a hand in everything we've seen so far.. As well as what we will be seeing in the next couple years. Maybe not fully but at least somewhat.

4. sjhon

sjhon New Member

hi i am strongly believe on that Apple would be one of the leading company next 50 years. no one compete Apple.......Samsung is not working properly they stolen Apple's right...........................
    16GB original iPhone,32bg white iPhone 5,Apple Tv

5. Napoleon PhoneApart

Senior Moderator

I believe we really shouldn't be trying to second-guess what Jobs would have done or what he would think about today's Apple. I suppose it's a fun little exercise to pass the time, but none of us knows what would be in his mind. :)

6. raqball

raqball Evangelist
    Gold

I was watching something on the news yesterday and they covered this exact topic..

For the next 100-years we will hear "this never would have happened under Jobs" every single time Apple makes a mistake or a perceived mistake..

Every product that Apple releases that is even slightly different will illicit a similar statement.. I actually feel bad for Cook because he is dammed if he does and dammed if he does not...

Apple will be fine.. Jobs was a genius but people quickly forget that he made mistakes and missteps along the way as well...

7. up10ad

up10ad Genius
    Gold

Apple's performance since the death of Steve Jobs as a measurement of 'something' is no more relevant than asking how they have done since My birthday in May last year. His departure was planned well in advance and he had plenty of input into projects and decisions that post dated his death for quite a while. His absence will be able to be evaluated only after several years, and then will require some speculation on how he would have handled things differently. On October 5, 2015 we will be able to look back, but event then, the goggles will be somewhat clouded by other issues.