10/14/08 1:00 EST : Live Discussion Of Apple Town Hall Event

Status
Not open for further replies.

chris

Administrator
Administrator
Jun 10, 2006
Long Island, NY
Please use this thread to discuss the event in progress.

chris

Administrator
Administrator
Jun 10, 2006
Long Island, NY
Just as DHL drops off my early 2008 MacBook Pro that had a defective trackpad button, I wake up to this piece of raw beauty.

chris

Administrator
Administrator
Jun 10, 2006
Long Island, NY
Are we expecting anything iphone-relevant? 2.2 maybe..?
I don't recall seeing anything related to the iPhone. My guess is that it'll be a pure notebook event. If anything, maybe something related to AppleTV. Seems like the forgotten product and they are seeing more competition from the likes of Netflix.

OJsakila

Jul 15, 2007
Jupiter's sulphur mines
I don't recall seeing anything related to the iPhone. My guess is that it'll be a pure notebook event. If anything, maybe something related to AppleTV. Seems like the forgotten product and they are seeing more competition from the likes of Netflix.

That's still cool, though. Of course, I'm a little more biased for iPhone stuff!

danipoak

Silver
Dec 13, 2007
Not Alaska
Why does Apple keep installing firewire ports on their computers? Nobody uses them anymore, I was hoping they would get rid of it and add a 3rd USB port.

chris

Administrator
Administrator
Jun 10, 2006
Long Island, NY
Why does Apple keep installing firewire ports on their computers? Nobody uses them anymore, I was hoping they would get rid of it and add a 3rd USB port.
I still use Firewire for my digital camera and video camera.;)

Graphics card looks incredible and the specs look nice. Anyone want to buy a lightly used Mac Book Pro with matte finish and Invisible Shield installed. Fresh from Apple Care with a brand new keyboard.:p

Hawk

Genius
Gold
Aug 2, 2007
ATL
It's because many higher end video equipment still use firewire as a main cable to the PC. Plus, in most cases ( but not all) for large amount of data like what a HD video camera would have, Firewire is still a bit faster.
And as we can attest from the Microsoft commercials that were edited on a MAC, Mac is still the preferred editing system for audio and video.

danipoak

Silver
Dec 13, 2007
Not Alaska
I guess I'm just out of the whole video editing loop. I though firewire was pretty much dead. That's pretty funny about the Microsoft commercials...

danipoak

Silver
Dec 13, 2007
Not Alaska
I'm disappointed about the no Blu-Ray either. They say they are waiting for it to take off in the marketplace, seems to me like it already has. And I realize that iTunes does the HD movies, but not everyone wants to buy Apple tv.

Ramesh

Zealot
Gold
Jul 12, 2007
Irvine, Ca.
Well, my last day to return my new MacBook Black would have been the 11th. I bought it knowing the refresh was today. I'm still happy. I'm not sold on the new look, and that's why I wanted to black before it was discontinued. Other than my OCD to have new gadgets, I'm satisfied w/the BlackBook. Plus, $1300 for 2.0GHz?!

Ramesh

Zealot
Gold
Jul 12, 2007
Irvine, Ca.
I still use Firewire for my digital camera and video camera.;)

Graphics card looks incredible and the specs look nice. Anyone want to buy a lightly used Mac Book Pro with matte finish and Invisible Shield installed. Fresh from Apple Care with a brand new keyboard.:p
I'd recommend the marketplace, located here on EiC! ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.