100 new features

ventrj

Bronze
Sep 25, 2007
Has anyone found any of those other 100 new features Apple talked about?

wildonrio

Gold
Jul 4, 2007
Provo, UT
This has the potential to be a very good thread, if ventrj is willing to continually update the OP with new features as we find them. It's like an easter egg hunt with 100 eggs hidden. Let me start with some less obvious ones:

-Option to have double clicking the home button go to the Spotlight Search
-Preview icon for last shot taken in Camera app
-Shake to shuffle in iPod
-Percentage battery remaining always in upper corner
-Scrolling of screenshots in App Store
-Call history for each contact
-Type of phone used under each call in Recents (i.e., mobile, home, work, etc.)
-Option to Share Contact in each contact listing

psylichon

Genius
Oct 31, 2007
Philly
Yeah, I have a feeling a lot of these "features" will merely be changes. For example, the lower status bar in Safari is slightly transparent now.

ventrj

Bronze
Sep 25, 2007
This has the potential to be a very good thread, if ventrj is willing to continually update the OP with new features as we find them. It's like an easter egg hunt with 100 eggs hidden. Let me start with some less obvious ones:

-Option to have double clicking the home button go to the Spotlight Search
-Preview icon for last shot taken in Camera app
-Shake to shuffle in iPod
-Percentage battery remaining always in upper corner
-Scrolling of screenshots in App Store
-Call history for each contact
-Type of phone used under each call in Recents (i.e., mobile, home, work, etc.)
-Option to Share Contact in each contact listing
I will update as i find things, also how do you get the battery % to show ?

ventrj

Bronze
Sep 25, 2007
I do not remember if 2.2.1 had this but you now have the option for caps lock. You have to turn it on it settings then to use it you hit the caps button twice.

FuelieNova

Contributor
Silver
Aug 3, 2008
I don't suppose you can create a group and then email to that group by just selecting the group name can you. Does that make sense?
Tg

IphoneTony

Zealot
Gold
Nov 10, 2007
New Jersey
is there any video recording? I have it on my jailbreak but some of the programs I use keep crashing

ventrj

Bronze
Sep 25, 2007
Nope no video recording, they said it might come later in the app. store

wildonrio

Gold
Jul 4, 2007
Provo, UT
Whoa guys, hold a link in Safari and you get the option to Open in New page! Now that is a GREAT new feature!

Also, ventrj if you don't start updating the OP with all our finds, I hope you don't take offense if I start a new thread dedicating to finding all the features. I think everyone would have a lot of fun with it :)

Jun 19, 2007
Upper Marlboro, MD
The "open in new page" option is really nice (thanks for the tip!), but it sounds as if the percentage indicator is a remnant of a prior jailbreak.

wildonrio

Gold
Jul 4, 2007
Provo, UT
The "open in new page" option is really nice (thanks for the tip!), but it sounds as if the percentage indicator is a remnant of a prior jailbreak.
I think you are correct, which means it is a hidden option in the settings and iTunes backs it up and loads it into the next firmware. I actually wish I could turn it off :/

Jul 6, 2007
Marietta, GA
about.me
I think it is a new feature because every time I restored from having it on jailbreak, it would disappear once I restored. Now it still shows but it also has a % which it didn't have before

styfle

Zealot
Gold
Mar 31, 2008
I wish I had percentage indicator...

brianlamar

Bronze
Aug 6, 2007
you can also type in landscape mode in the address book only if you were previously in landscape mode before. ex., i was adding a contact from the messages app in landscape mode and it took me to the "enter" page to enter the rest of the contact information in landscape mode.

wildonrio

Gold
Jul 4, 2007
Provo, UT
Whoa that's pretty cool.

If anyone wants to help us count 100 new features, we're doing it here.