$100 store credit question...VERY IMPORTANT!

Jul 6, 2007
Marietta, GA
about.me
ok sometime about a week and a half ago i think, i bought a couple things with my sotre credit..the total includding shipping and tax and all that came to about $80..and today i ordered another iTunes gift card and new headphones for my iPhone (my other ones just randomly stopped working) which totalled to something like another $50 including shipping and tax...so without thinking i clicked place order...and when i finally realized that i only had about $17 left after my FIRST order, i started freaking out that i would get billed in the mail and i would get in trouble from my parents...i don't have a credit card on file with Apple, all they have is a billing address, so would they be sending me a bill for the leftover payment in the mail? i thought of that, but when i looked at the "bill me later" option, it said a credit check could be required, so wouldn't they require a credit check if they were gonna send me the leftover bill? i placed the second order about 30 minutes ago and so far all i have gotten from them is the billing statement...not any email saying they would send me a bill or anything...so please help me and thanks in advance! and sry it was such a long post that could have been explained in like half of this...

g-iPhone

Jul 9, 2007
ok sometime about a week and a half ago i think, i bought a couple things with my sotre credit..the total includding shipping and tax and all that came to about $80..and today i ordered another iTunes gift card and new headphones for my iPhone (my other ones just randomly stopped working) which totalled to something like another $50 including shipping and tax...so without thinking i clicked place order...and when i finally realized that i only had about $17 left after my FIRST order, i started freaking out that i would get billed in the mail and i would get in trouble from my parents...i don't have a credit card on file with Apple, all they have is a billing address, so would they be sending me a bill for the leftover payment in the mail? i thought of that, but when i looked at the "bill me later" option, it said a credit check could be required, so wouldn't they require a credit check if they were gonna send me the leftover bill? i placed the second order about 30 minutes ago and so far all i have gotten from them is the billing statement...not any email saying they would send me a bill or anything...so please help me and thanks in advance! and sry it was such a long post that could have been explained in like half of this...
Call Apple~

petalmom

Silver
Jun 30, 2007
Talk to your parents and explain what happened. I'm sure they will help you. Good luck!

coasts

Zealot
Gold
Jul 15, 2007
New York, NY
www.lomohomes.com
I think one of two things will happen. First, Apple will realize that your account has insufficient funds and won't ship your order until that's resolved. I would think they'll contact you soon by email. The other plausible scenario happened to me. Apple froze my iTunes buying account until I resolved the remaining balance. I would guess you could do this with the gift card you bought, but that would suck.
You're better off trying to cancel the order and have Apple send you new earphones for free since they're busted.

enigmanic

Silver
Jun 27, 2007
The same thing happened to me. I purchased the Shure adapter for my iPhone and a $15 iTunes gift card with my $100 credit. I have already received my iTunes card, but the Shure's are on back order for 2-3 months.

Just today, I placed another order for AV cables, which will exceed my $100 credit. However, since the Shure's haven't been shipped yet, Apple thinks I still have $75 credit left. And when I placed an order, I saw this message:

"Recently used Gift Cards may not reflect the updated balance remaining on the card. Gift Card balances will be updated once your order is ready to ship."

So I assume that means once your order is ready to ship, it'll check to see if you have enough on your gift card balance. If not, I'm guessing you'll have the option to cancel or pay the remaining balance before it ships off. There's also the possiblity that it may automatically charge the remaining balance on your iTunes account. So the safest thing is to cancel your order.